Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals
|Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals|
| North American box art for Nintendo 64
|Developer(s)||Takara, Locomotive (N64), WAVEDGE (PS1)|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals is a 1999 versus styled fighting game based on the Beast Wars cartoon series and toy-line for the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation. The Nintendo 64 version was a Blockbuster Video exclusive and was only initially available for rental.
The Nintendo 64 version of the game was known as Transformers: Beast Wars Metals 64 (ビーストウォーズメタルス64) in Japan and was compatible with the Japanese only Game Boy Color fighting game Kettō Transformers Beast Wars: Beast Senshi Saikyō Ketteisen through the Transfer Pak. The 64 version contains several mini-games and ending scenes for all characters. The game also had Waspinator, Airazor, Terrorsaur, and Starscream as exclusive characters.
The PlayStation version of the game was known as Transformers Beast Wars Metals: Gekitotsu! Gangan Battle (ビーストウォーズメタルス 激突!ガンガンバトル) in Japan. It only had two endings depending on if the character was a Maximal or Predacon. It also had Silverbolt, Quickstrike, Rampage, and Windrazor as exclusive characters.
Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals borrows plot elements from the second season of the series, following the introduction to the Transmetals and Fuzors. The game continues the war between the Maximals and the Predacons on Earth.
Game Play 
Each character is given three different modes from the Television series, a Beast Mode, a Vehicle Mode, and a Robot Mode. Robot Mode is the strongest mode but while in Robot Mode your energy drains slowly, and to recharge you must revert to Beast or Vehicle Modes.
Cast and Characters 
- * - Megatron X is the final boss and is not playable.
- ** - Blackarachnia, Tigatron, Ravage, Windrazor, and Starscream are alternate colors for Tarantulas, Cheetor (Tigatron and Ravage), Silverbolt, and Waspinator respectively.
Voice Cast 
This game is most notable for the voice acting, which employs many of the actual voice actors from the cartoon to replay their characters. Both versions of the game are also very different from each other:
- Gary Chalk - Optimus Primal
- David Kaye - Megatron
- Scott McNeil - Rattrap/Waspinator/Silverbolt
- Ian James Corlett - Cheetor/Quickstrike/Maximal Computer
- Doug Parker - Terrorsaur/Starscream
- Alec Willows - Tarantulas/Rhinox
- Campbell Lane - Rampage
- Janet Laine-Green - Airazor/Blackarachnia/Predacon Computer
- Martin Roach - Tigatron/Ravage
- Chris Tang - Windrazor