True Devotion to Mary
|A series of articles on|
|Dogmas and doctrines|
|Expressions of devotion|
|Key Marian apparitions|
The book is published by Montfort Publications (Bay Shore, NY), Baronius Press, TAN Publishing and Aventine Press but is also available online. It complements de Montfort's other books the Secret of the Rosary and the Secret of Mary.
It was first translated by Fr. Faber, and the TAN Books version did more than just update the archaic words. The original translation can still be read .
The book attracted attention in the 20th century when in an address to the Montfortian Fathers, Pope John Paul II said that reading this book had been a "decisive turning point" in his life. Pope John Paul II (who had a strong Marian devotion) was a follower of de Montfort and singled him out in his Redemptoris Mater encyclical as a key example of Marian devotion.
- de Montfort, St. Louis-Marie Grignion. True Devotion to Mary translated by Mark L. Jacobson, Aventine Press, 2007 (ISBN 1593304706)
- True Devotion to Mary online text at Catholic Treasury
- True Devotion to Mary online text at Legion of Mary
- Pope John Paul II on Saint Louis de Montfort http://www.catholicregister.org/content/view/1402/857/
- Vatican press office http://www.vatican.va/news_services/press/documentazione/documents/sp_ss_scv/insigne/sp_ss_scv_stemma-bandiera-sigillo_en.html
- Pope John Paul II's encyclical Redemptoris Mater http://www.cin.org/jp2ency/jp2mot.html