Trunk Muzik 0-60
|Trunk Muzik 0-60|
|EP by Yelawolf|
|Released||November 22, 2010|
Sixteen Feet Studio
(College Park, Georgia)
Hands of God Studio
(Los Angeles, California)
(Columbia, South Carolina)
Circle House Recording Studios
|Label||Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment, DGC Records, Interscope Records|
|Producer||Kawan "KP" Prather (also exec.), WillPower, Malay, Drama Beats, Cameron Wallace, Jim Jonsin|
|Singles from Trunk Muzik 0-60|
Trunk Muzik 0-60 is the second extended play of American rapper Yelawolf. It was released on November 22, 2010 through Interscope Records in the United States. It features guest appearances by Gucci Mane, Rock City, Rittz, Bun B and Raekwon, and it has six tracks which were featured on his last mixtape entitled Trunk Muzik. Production was handled by WillPower, Jim Jonsin, and Drama Beats, among others.
Composition and music structure
An accompanying music video was made for "Daddy's Lambo". "That's What We on Now", the third track, has instrumentation that includes "Klaxon synthesizers and a swift, ticking beat". The mixtape's second single, "I Just Wanna Party", features rapper Gucci Mane. "Billy Crystal" is a song featuring music duo Rock City. "Pop the Trunk" was chosen as the lead single. This track features instrumentation that includes piano and saxophone. Lyrically, "Pop the Trunk" describes an "account of street justice" and "meth dealers in Appalachia". "Box Chevy" features rapper Rittz. "Good to Go" features rapper Bun B; an accompanying music video was made. "Marijuana" is the most prominent representation of rock music on Trunk Muzik 0-60. "Love Is Not Enough", the tenth track, has been described as an "aching ballad". "I Wish" is a song featuring rapper Raekwon. "Get the Fuck Up!" is used as one of the tracks on Madden NFL '12.
Release and reception
Trunk Muzik 0-60 was released in the United States on November 22, 2010 by Interscope Records. On the week ending November 28, 2010, Trunk Muzik 0-60 sold 5,000 copies in its first week. The EP peaked at number one on the Top Heatseekers Albums Chart, number sixteen on the Top Rap Albums Chart, and number twenty-six on the Top R&B Albums Chart. As of March 2012, the EP has sold 108,000 copies in the United States. "Pop the Trunk" and "I Just Wanna Party" were released as singles; the former failed to rank on national chart, while the latter charted on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles at number nine. As of October 2012 it has sold 171,204 copies. And As of August 2013, the album has sold 210.000 copies in the United States alone.
|The A.V. Club||(B)|
|The Hartford Courant||(favorable)|
Trunk Muzik 0-60 received generally positive reviews.
|1.||"Get the Fuck Up!"||Michael Atha, James Ho, William Washington||WillPower, Malay (co.)||3:04|
|2.||"Daddy's Lambo"||Atha, Christopher Pfaff, Cameron Wallace||Drama Beats, Cameron Wallace (co.)||3:48|
|3.||"That's What We on Now"||Atha, Kawan Prather, Washington||WillPower||4:42|
|4.||"I Just Wanna Party" (featuring Gucci Mane)||Atha, Radric Davis, Prather, Washington||WillPower||5:12|
|5.||"Billy Crystal" (featuring Rock City)||Atha, James Scheffer, Timothy Thomas, Theron Thomas||Jim Jonsin||4:00|
|6.||"Pop the Trunk"||Atha, Washington||WillPower||3:48|
|7.||"Box Chevy" (featuring Rittz the Rapper)||Atha, Jonny McCullom, Washington||WillPower||4:53|
|8.||"Good to Go" (featuring Bun B)||Atha, Bernard Freeman, Washington||WillPower||3:38|
|10.||"Love Is Not Enough"||Atha, James Johnson, Jr., Washington||WillPower||3:44|
|11.||"I Wish" (featuring Raekwon)||Atha, Ho, Prather, Corey Woods||Malay, Kawan "KP" Prather||4:22|
|12.||"Trunk Muzik"||Atha, Washington||WillPower||3:41|
- Sample credits
- "Love Is Not Enough" contains a sample of "Hollywood" by Rick James, and an interpolation of "Anythang" by Devin The Dude
- "Marijuana" features a sample of "Moist Vagina" by Nirvana
- Jacobs, Allen (2010-12-01). "Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 11/28/2010 | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Yelawolf On Meeting Eminem". Rap Radar. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Rap-Up TV: Yelawolf Shares Meeting with Eminem". Rap-Up.com. 2010-07-03. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Yelawolf Releases Trunk Muzik 0 - 60 on Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment/DGC/Interscope Records... - SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/". California, Alabama: Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Matos, Michaelangelo (November 23, 2010). Review: Trunk Muzik 0-60. The A.V. Club. Retrieved on 2010-12-15.
- Danton, Eric R. (December 7, 2010). Review: Trunk Muzik 0-60. The Hartford Courant. Retrieved on 2010-12-15.
- Freeman, Phil (November 2010). Review: Trunk Muzik 0-60. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2010-12-15.
- Rosen, Jody (November 22, 2010). Review: Trunk Muzik 0-60. Rolling Stone. Retrieved on 2010-12-15.
- Charts & Awards: Trunk Muzik 0-60. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2011-05-28.
- ""I Just Wanna Party" Billboard chart". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. October 2, 2010. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Weingarten, Eric R. (November 22, 2010). Review: Trunk Muzik 0-60. Spin. Retrieved on 2010-12-15.