From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turn is the fourth studio album by Canadian folk-rock band Great Big Sea released in June 1999.
- "Consequence Free" (Alan Doyle, Séan McCann, Bob Hallett, Darrell Power) 3:12
- "Feel It Turn" (Alan Doyle, Séan McCann) 3:50
- "Jack Hinks" (Traditional) 3:03
- "Boston and St. John's" (Alan Doyle) 3:47
- "Margarita" (Séan McCann) 3:27
- "Trois navires de blé" (Traditional) 4:27
- "Ferryland Sealer" (Traditional) 3:16
- "Can't Stop Falling" (Alan Doyle, Séan McCann) 3:24
- "Demasduit Dream" (Bob Hallett) 3:32
- "Old Brown's Daughter" (Traditional) 2:41
- "I'm a Rover" (Traditional) 2:53
- "Captain Wedderburn" (Traditional) 3:38
- "Bad as I Am" (Bob Hallett, Séan McCann) 2:53
- "Consequence Free", "Feel It Turn" and "Can't Stop Falling" have been made into videos and have been released as radio singles.
- "Demasduit Dream" is based on the life of Demasduwit, one of the last of the Beothuk, the native people of Newfoundland.
- "Ferryland Sealer" is about the seasonal seal hunting expeditions from the southern Newfoundland community of Ferryland.
- "Trois navires de blé" is a traditional French folk song associated with the Franco-Newfoundlander community at Port au Port.
- The lyrics to "Old Brown's Daughter" were written by the famous Johnny Burke, while the original tune was lost, the current music was written by Ron Hynes.
- "Captain Wedderburn" is an adaptation of the Child Ballad No. 46, Captain Wedderburn's Courtship.
- The 2000 U.S. release on Rhino/Wea featured a different track order; "Can't Stop Falling" and "Demasduit Dream" were switched.
- The song "Consequence Free" was the theme for the Least I Could Do animated series trailer, a series currently in production