|Also known as||
|Genres||Electropunk, electroclash, electronic, alternative rock, goth rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer, songwriter, dj, actress|
|Instruments||Voice, bass, computer|
|Labels||Jato, Get Physical, Ocean Dark, I Scream, Trisol, Zerokilled Music, Mecanica|
Tying Tiffany (also known as TT and Tiff Lion) is an electronic music singer and songwriter, born in Italy. She stated that the idea of her stage name was born from a photo book by artist Nobuyoshi Araki.
She has released four original studio albums: Undercover (2005), Brain for Breakfast (2007), Peoples Temple (2010), Dark Days, White Nights (2012). TT has also released two remix albums, Black Neon RMXs (2009) and Peoples Temple Remix Edition (2011), plus the EP One (2013), as well as over fifteen singles.
Tying Tiffany was born in Italy. She attended the Art Institute and began experimenting with different artistic paths, from design, photography to music. In the early years of her career, she travelled Europe as a bass player and singer in various indie rock bands. She has also acted in some independent movies, artistic films and theatrical performances.
Her debut album Undercover, released in 2005 on Jato Music label, moved from her passion for industrial, dark wave and punk music and her DJ experience. Undercover was acclaimed by the international press, the media and the public, and became one of the Italian music successes of 2006.
Tiffany then performed many concerts, playing in Italy and Europe and sharing the stage with artists like Iggy Pop, Buzzcocks, Stereo Total, The Rapture, Eels, dEUS, Tiga, and Alec Empire with whom she toured in 2008.
After a show on the NME stage at Groningen's Festival, the label I Scream Records took a deal with Tying Tiffany to release her second album, Brain for Breakfast, in 2007. This album featured collaborations with Wolfgang Schrödl (Liquido), Pete Namlook and Nic Endo (Atari Teenage Riot and Alec Empire). Soon after this second album, a European tour followed, with over 80 dates. Meanwhile, she gained the Italian award PVI (Best Screenplay) for the music video "Pazza", directed by Marco Marchesi. The other music video "Slow Motion" (with Nic Endo's remix) was aired in Europe and Asia.
In 2010, Tying Tiffany signed a deal with the German label Trisol for her third album Peoples Temple. The album takes inspiration from the homonymous San Francisco's cult led by Jim Jones, guilty of the 1978 mass suicide. Peoples Temple features a much darker and heavier sound than the previous two albums. Tiffany issued the singles "Miracle", "Lost Way" and "3 Circle". In 2011, the album was followed by the remix EP, Peoples Temple Remix Edition.
In 2011, Tying Tiffany and Italian electronic producer and composer Lorenzo Montanà started a new project T.T.L. (meaning "Through The Lens"). T.T.L. create instrumental music for soundtracks and trailers. Their song "Deep Shadow" was featured in The Hunger Games movie trailer. In the same year, Tying Tiffany' single "Drownin'" was featured on FIFA 12 game soundtrack.
In January 2012, her fourth studio album was released, Dark Days, White Nights. The album was supported by the singles "Drownin'" and "New Colony".
- Undercover (2005)
- Brain for Breakfast (2007)
- Peoples Temple (2010)
- Dark Days, White Nights (2012)
- Drop (2014)
- One (2013)
- Black Neon RMXs (2009)
- Peoples Temple Remix Edition (2011)
- "Maneater" (Nelly Furtado cover with Digitalis Purpurea, included in the album Aseptic White (Dreamcell11, 2008)
- "Infinite Darkness" (from the album Decadence, Vol.2, 2011)
- "State of Mind" (with Pete Namlook), included in the album "Air V – Jeux Dangereux" (FAX +49-69/450464)
- (French) okCowboy.net: Tying Tiffany interview, 29 Aug 2006
- "Tying Tiffany tagging". Last.FM. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- wCities.com: Tying Tiffany
- Chain D.L.K.: Tying Tiffany interview, 26 Dec 2005
- Side-Line.com: Tying Tiffany: The music scene is not easy for a woman (30 Dec 2010 interview)
- "Tying Tiffany: I'm Not a Peach: JMC001". Discogs.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "TYING TIFFANY Q&A: I PREFER TO LOOK INSIDE MYSELF – F A M E M A G A Z I N E.co.uk".
- Tying Tiffany – official website
- Bear Frazer, Tying Tiffany – She Ain't A Peach, 101distribution.com, 28 May 2009
- (Spanish) Concert at the "Centro Cultural Provincial" in Malaga – Tying Tiffany biography
- (Spanish) Foc & Sound 08 – Tying Tiffany biography
- (Italian) Rockol – PVI Awards 2008 (winners)
- (Italian) Soundsblog – PVI Awards 2008 (winners)
- (Japanese) Peoples Temple – review: 28 June 2010
- CBS – CSI (Season 11; Episode 03; Blood Moon)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tying Tiffany.|
- Tying Tiffany – official website
- Tying Tiffany – Facebook
- Tying Tiffany – Twitter
- Tying Tiffany – Tumblr
- Tying Tiffany – YouTube
- Tying Tiffany – T.T.L. on Facebook
- Tying Tiffany – Vk.Com (official community in Russia)