|Born||Tyson Jay Ritter
April 24, 1984
Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Elena Satine (m. 2013)|
Tyson Jay Ritter (born April 24, 1984) is an American singer-songwriter, actor and model, best known as the lead singer and bassist of the rock band The All-American Rejects.
Life and career
Ritter was born and raised in Stillwater, Oklahoma. His mother Tracey Rains is an employee at Stillwater Public Schools. He has an older brother Zach who is a dentist and a younger sister Bailey. They all graduated from Stillwater High School. He met his bandmates while he was bouncing a party in middle school. After Jesse Tabish quit the band, and with the additions of Mike Kennerty and Chris Gaylor, The All-American Rejects were picked up by Doghouse Records, and later DreamWorks Records, finally with the current major label of Interscope Records. The All-American Rejects have released four albums to date, and have sold over 10 million albums worldwide, and 4 million singles.
Ritter has appeared in TV shows and movies such as House (2007), The House Bunny (2008), Betas (2013–present, recurring role), and Parenthood (2013–present, recurring role). On November 5, 2013, Ritter released the song "Air" as a solo song to help "ride between the Rejects' next record", which was featured on Parenthood.
His next projects include the 43-minute short, The Pinhole Affect, which he will co-star along with his wife, and the upcoming John Cusack movie, Love and Mercy (2014). He has also been cast as the lead role in the biopic Midnight Rider, directed by Randall Miller, in which he will portray singer Gregg Allman. Midnight Rider has since halted production, and was ultimately cancelled, due to the death of camera assistant, Sarah Jones.
|2008||The House Bunny||Colby||Supporting Role|
|2014||Midnight Rider||Young Gregg Allman||Lead Role|
|2014||Love and Mercy||Hipster #1||Minor Role|
|2007||House||Himself||Exaggerated Version of Himself|
|2012||90210||Himself||Performance with The All-American Rejects|
|2013-2014||Betas||Dane||Recurring Role; 5 Episodes|
|2013-present||Parenthood||Oliver Rome||Recurring Role; 9 Episodes|
- Keys, Elizabeth (July 21, 2013). "Stillwater's rockin' mum". Stillwater NewsPress. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "Tyson Ritter On 'Parenthood' Season 5: All-American Rejects' Frontman Books Multi-Episode Arc (Exclusive)". The Huffington Post. August 2, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Faylene, Rachel (October 9, 2013). "Tyson Ritter Talks New Role on 'Parenthood,' Growing Up & What Comes Next". Variance Magazine. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- McDonnell, Brandy (November 5, 2013). "Video: Tyson Ritter releases new single "Air," to be featured on NBC's "Parenthood" Thursday". The Oklahoman. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- McNary, Dave (December 13, 2013). "Gregg Allman Biopic Casts Tyson Ritter as Lead Role". Variety. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (April 5, 2013). "Tyson Ritter Engaged to Elena Satine". People. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Blumm, K.C.; Jordan, Julie (January 1, 2014). "Tyson Ritter and Elena Satine Are Married". People. Retrieved January 2, 2014.