Tyson Wahl (born February 23, 1984 in Newport Beach, California) is an American soccer player who plays for Columbus Crew in Major League Soccer.
Youth and college
Wahl played club soccer for the Irvine Strikers, coached by Don Ebert, and played college soccer at the University of California, Berkeley from 2002 to 2005, where he started every game of his career. He also played two seasons with Orange County Blue Star in the USL Premier Development League.
Wahl was drafted in the second round, 19th overall, by Kansas City Wizards in the 2006 MLS SuperDraft. Wahl went on to make 32 appearances for Kansas City in 3 years. He was taken by Seattle Sounders FC in the 2008 MLS Expansion Draft on November 26, 2008.
Wahl scored his first MLS goal, an impressive curling free-kick, on June 26, 2011 in a 2-1 Sounders win over New England Revolution. This won goal of the week for MLS.
Wahl was traded to MLS expansion side Montreal Impact for allocation money on November 23, 2011.
Wahl was traded to Colorado Rapids for an international roster spot on July 13, 2012.
Wahl was released by Colorado on November 16, 2012. He entered the 2012 MLS Re-Entry Draft and became a free agent after going undrafted in both rounds of the draft.
Wahl moved to his fifth MLS club on January 3, 2013 when he signed for Columbus Crew.
In 2001, Wahl made an appearance for the United States U-17 national team in the FIFA U-17 World Championship.
Seattle Sounders FC
- ^ "Tyson Wahl". MLS. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- ^ "Wahl, Fernandez lift Sounders past Revolution, 2-1". Sounders News (My Northwest). June 26, 2011. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^ "Free kick by Seattle's Wahl wins AT&T Goal of the Week". July 1, 2011.
- ^ "Impact acquire Wahl in exchange for allocation money". MLSsoccer.com. November 23, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ^ Press Release (November 23, 2011). "Impact acquires international spot from Colorado for defender Tyson Wahl | Montreal Impact". Impactmontreal.com. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ^ http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/11/16/end-era-rapids-part-ways-casey-7-more
- ^ http://www.thecrew.com/news/2013/01/crew-signs-defender-tyson-wahl
- ^ "FIFA Player Statistcs: Tyson Wahl". Fifa.com. Retrieved July 13, 2012.