U.S. Route 93 Alternate (Nevada)
|Maintained by NDOT|
|Length:||117 mi (188.3 km)
59.033 miles (95.004 km) independent of I-80
|Existed:||1976 – present|
|South end:||US 93 at Lages Station|
|I-80 in West Wendover|
|North end:||I-80 / US 93 in Wells|
In the U.S. state of Nevada, U.S. Route 93 Alternate (US 93 Alt. or Alt 93) is an alternate route of U.S. Route 93 located in the northeast part of the state. It connects Lages Station to Wells via the town of West Wendover.
Alt 93 has origins dating back to the early auto trails. The portion of the route between Lages Station and West Wendover was originally part of the Lincoln Highway, the first road across America. This segment was originally designated as a portion of US 50. When the US highway system was developed in 1926 the routing of US 50 followed what is now US 93 between Ely and Lages Station and then continued on to West Wendover. From there, it followed US 40 (now Interstate 80) east across the Great Salt Lake Desert in Utah, through Salt Lake City, south along US 91 (now Interstate 15) to Provo, Utah. This designated remained until approximately 1952, when it was redesignated US 50 Alternate. Utah decommissioned portions of Alt 50 in 1972.
Route description 
US 93 Alternate begins at Lages Station in northern White Pine County. As mainline US 93 proceeds north, Alt 93 heads more northeast, entering Elko County shortly after leaving the junction. The route continues northeast, passing through the Antelope Range and the Goshute Mountains, where it ascends White Horse Pass (elevation 6,031 feet (1,838 m)). Descending the pass, US 93 Alternate turns more northward to follow the base of the Goshute Mountains towards West Wendover.
Entering West Wendover, Alt 93 intersects Wendover Boulevard (Interstate 80 Business). The highway follows the business route west and then north approximately 0.28 miles (0.45 km) to intersect Interstate 80. US 93 Alt then joins I-80 and travels west concurrently with the Interstate for 59 miles (95 km). Alt 93 comes to an end in the city of Wells, reuniting with mainline US 93 at the I-80 East Wells interchange (exit 352).
Major intersections 
Mileposts in Nevada reset at county lines; the start and end mileposts for each county are given in the county column. Mileposts are given only for those portions of Alternate U.S. 93 not concurrent with Interstate 80.
|Lages Station||0.00||0.00||US 93 – Ely, Wells||Southern terminus|
|West Wendover||I-80 Bus. east (Wendover Boulevard) – Wendover|
|53.51||86.12||I-80 east – Salt Lake City||East end of I-80 overlap|
|US 93 Alt overlaps with Interstate 80, exits 352–410|
|Wells||I-80 west / US 93 – Reno, Jackpot||West end of I-80 overlap; Northern terminus|
See also 
- Nevada Department of Transportation (January 2008). "Nevada State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps". Retrieved 2009-02-04.[dead link]
- United States Numbered Highways. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. 1989. p. 140. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- Nevada Department of Transportation (2007). Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (2007-08 ed.). Section A6,B6.
- Nevada Department of Transportation (1993). Wendover (Map). http://www.nevadadot.com/traveler/maps/areamaps/pdfs/wendover.pdf. Retrieved 2009-02-05.[dead link]
- Nevada Department of Transportation (May 2008). "Maps of Milepost Location on Nevada's Federal and State Highway System by County". Retrieved 2009-02-04.[dead link]