UGA Campus Transit
|Parent||The University of Georgia|
|Headquarters||2505 Riverbend Road, Athens, GA|
|Service area||University of Georgia Campus|
|Service type||Fixed Route
On-demand and subscription paratransit
1 overnight (24-hour weekday service)
|Fleet||RTS, Orion, NABI, and NewFlyer buses, Arboc Mobility vans and Goshen Coach vans (on low-demand route), and Dodge, Chevrolet & Chrysler paratransit vans|
|Campus Transit Manager||Ron Hamlin|
The University of Georgia Campus Transit system operates nine weekday routes, three night routes, one overnight route (providing 24-hour service on weekdays) and one weekend route on the campus and vicinity of the University. Campus Transit has an average daily ridership of 39,765. The system also runs two shuttles on football home game days.
All fixed routes are fare-free and open to anyone including students, faculty/staff, visitors. The service is funded primarily by a "transportation fee" paid by students each semester.
Full service & Finals/Summer service
Full service operates on class days and Finals/Summer service operates on summer class days and final exam days from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. but not all routes run for that entire period. On the full-service schedule the peak service level is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Ag Hill (AG)
- River Road Loop ↔ Cedar Street including Tucker Hall stop, to Physics/Rutherford/Myers, to Memorial/Tate/Psychology, to Park Hall/Joe Brown Hall, to Bolton, Russell, Oglethorpe House, then returning to Cedar Street and East Campus
- East Campus Express (ECX)
- Intramural Fields/parking ↔ River Road Loop ↔ Tucker Hall & Greek Park stops ↔ Psychology, Visual Arts, Human Resources, Tanner stops
- East/West (EW)
- River Road Loop ↔ Carlton Street ↔ Georgia Center & Soule Hall stops ↔ Rutherford Hall/Myers/Physics ↔ Oglethorpe House ↔ West Campus (Creswell/Russell/Bolton Halls) ↔ Hull Street parking ↔ North Campus
- Family Housing (FH)
- Milledge Ave Ext/Rogers Rd housing ↔ East Campus Rd @ College Station Rd stop (University Village housing) ↔ Carlton Street ↔ Georgia Center & Soule Hall stops ↔ Physics/Rutherford/Myers ↔ Memorial/Tate/Psychology ↔ North Campus ↔ Athens Multi-Modal Transit Center (Athens Transit terminal)
- Health Sciences Connector (HSC)
- Stops at Snelling, Soule, Physics, Memorial, Park Hall, Gilbert on main campus, runs on Prince Avenue to the Health Sciences Campus (stops at Athens Transit bus stops on demand)
- Milledge Avenue (M)
- Rutherford Hall/Myers/Physics, Soule Hall, Georgia Center stops on South Campus ↔ Lumpkin St @ Rutherford St stop ↔ Milledge Ave between Lumpkin St and Broad St ↔ Broad St Studios/Gameday stop ↔ North Campus
- North/South (NS)
- University Village housing ↔ Veterinary Medicine/Coverdell Center & Driftmier Engineering Center stops ↔ Stegeman Coliseum ↔ Georgia Center & Soule Hall stops ↔ Physics/Rutherford/Myers ↔ Memorial/Tate/Psychology ↔ Visual Arts, Human Resources, Tanner, Staff Training, River Mill stops
- Orbit (O)
- Intramural Fields/parking ↔ River Road Loop ↔ Cedar Street including Tucker Hall stop ↔ Physics/Rutherford/Myers ↔ Memorial/Tate/Psychology ↔ North Campus
- Rivers Crossing (RC)
- Service between main campus and outlying facilities on Riverbend Rd and College Station Rd. Campus stops on Carlton Street, Georgia Center & Soule Hall stops, and Cedar Street including Tucker Hall stop
- Russell Hall (RH)
- West Campus Parking Deck (Creswell/Russell/Bolton Halls), to Oglethorpe House, to Rutherford Hall/Myers, to Physics, to Memorial/Tate/Psychology, to River Mill, Staff Training, Business Services Annex, to Peabody Hall & Park Hall, return to Bolton & Russell
Operates on class days following day service. Overnight route runs until day service starts, providing 24-hour service on weekdays
- Runs to 1:00 a.m. - Route as described above is extended to Riverbend Parkway to cover Athens Transit route 12 service area
- Family Housing
- Runs to 1:00 a.m. - Route is altered to serve the River Road Loop on East Campus, and extended to Milledge Ave and Riverbend Rd to cover Athens Transit route 14 service area, but does not serve the Athens Transit Multi-Modal Center
- Health Sciences Connector
- Runs to 1:11 a.m. (no change in route)
- Milledge Avenue
- Runs to 10:23 p.m. (no change in route)
- Runs 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. except Friday night - Route is similar to the Weekender route (see below) but does not go to the Health Sciences Campus, or to off campus locations such as Milledge Ave or Riverbend Rd
Operates on days when the University is open but classes are not in session
- Family Housing Intersession Route
- Similar to Family Housing, but is altered to serve River Road Loop
- East-West Intersession Route
- Similar to East-West, but is altered to serve Cedar Street and Tucker Hall stops instead of Carlton Street/Georgia Center/Soule Hall
Operates from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays, and 12 noon to 10 p.m. on Sundays, does not operate on days when a home Georgia Bulldogs football game is scheduled.
- Riverbend Parkway ↔ Riverbend Rd @ Milledge Ave ↔ Milledge Ave from Riverbend Rd to East Campus Rd ↔ Milledge Ave Ext/Rogers Rd housing ↔ University Village ↔ River Road Loop ↔ Carlton Street ↔ Georgia Center & Soule Hall stops ↔ Rutherford Hall, Oglethorpe House, Russell Hall stops ↔ Memorial/Tate/Psychology & Physics stops ↔ North Campus ↔ Prince Avenue (serves ATS stops on demand) ↔ Health Sciences Campus
(Primarily follows the Family Housing route but does not serve the Multi-Modal Center, deviates from the route to serve Russell Hall and East Campus, and extends it to serve the Health Sciences Campus and Athens Transit route 14 and 12 areas)
Campus Transit buses run on a 20% biodiesel fuel mixture.
- Hamlin, Ron (November 19, 2007). "2007-2008 Fact Sheet". UGA Campus Transit. University of Georgia. Archived from the original on 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Fahmy, Sam (April 18, 2007). "Entire UGA bus fleet using eco-friendly biodiesel". University of Georgia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2008-02-21.