At the 2011 Cannes Film Festival
14 October 1944
Udo Kier was born in Cologne, near the end of World War II. The hospital where he was born was bombed moments after his birth. Kier moved to the United Kingdom to learn the English language and in 1966 was cast in the lead role for the film, Road To St.Tropez.
Kier has appeared in over 200 films in France, Austria, Italy, Greece and the United Kingdom. One of the most important films in his early career was Flesh For Frankenstein in 1973 (also known as "Andy Warhol's Frankenstein"). Another film, Blood for Dracula in 1974 was filmed by Paul Morrissey for Andy Warhol's studio and produced by Vittorio de Sica and Roman Polański, with Kier playing the lead roles of young doctor Frankenstein and young count Dracula. Kier has appeared in a number of other vampire movies, such as Die Einsteiger (1985), Blade (1998), Modern Vampires (1998), Shadow of the Vampire (2000) and Dracula 3000. In 1980s Keir worked with Hungarian director Gábor Bódy and made appearance in a number of his projects. Their most successful common work is Narcissus and Psyche, 1980.
He has worked with Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Walerian Borowczyk, Dario Argento and starred in many horror and vampire movies, such as Flesh For Frankenstein (1973) and Blood for Dracula (1974), produced by Andy Warhol and directed by Paul Morrissey, horror classic Suspiria (1977), vampire Hollywood blockbuster Blade (1998) and ironic Independent film Shadow of the Vampire (2000) produced by Nicolas Cage.
He made an appearance in cult movie My Own Private Idaho (1991) directed by Gus van Sant. Well-known film appearances were in Ace Ventura:Pet Detective (1994) with Jim Carrey as a billionaire Ronald Camp, in Barb Wire with Pamela Anderson, as a NASA flight psychologist in Armageddon, and as Ralphie in the film Johnny Mnemonic. He has also frequently worked with German director Christoph Schlingensief.
Kier also made an appearance in Madonna's 1992 book called Sex, as well as the video for her disco hit "Deeper and Deeper" from the album Erotica. Kier appeared in Korn's music video "Make Me Bad", in Eve's music video "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" and in the music video of "Die Schöne und das Biest" by defunct German band Rauhfaser.
He also starred as the psychic "Yuri" in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and its expansion, Yuri's Revenge, played the villainous Lorenzini in the 1996 film The Adventures of Pinocchio, and then later reprised his role in the 1999 sequel The New Adventures of Pinocchio his Character Lorenzini in the first film portrayed 3 Villains in the Movie the Puppet Master AKA The Fire Eater the Coachman AKA The Ring Leader and the Sea Whale AKA the Sea Monster he also voiced Professor Pericles in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
A documentary on his life and career entitled "ICH-UDO...der Schauspieler Udo Kier" ("ME-Udo...the actor Udo Kier") was filmed for ARTE, the French-German culture channel in Europe, and released in 2012. 2013 the Documentary won the NewYork Festival "Finalist Certificate" 
- La stagione dei sensi (1969)
- Proklisis (1970)
- Hexen bis aufs Blut gequält (1970)
- Erotomaneis (1971)
- Anilikes amartoles (1972)
- The Salzburg Connection (1972)
- Flesh for Frankenstein (1973) / Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (1973)
- Joseph Balsamo (1973)
- Blood for Dracula / Andy Warhol's Dracula (1974)
- Der Letzte Schrei (1975)
- Histoire d'O (1975)
- Exposé (1976) (aka The House on Straw Hill)
- Spermula (1976)
- Suspiria (1977)
- Hungarian Rhapsody (1979)
- Nárcisz és Psziché (1980)
- Docteur Jekyll et les femmes (1981)
- Pankow '95 (1983)
- Der Unbesiegbare (1985)
- Verführung: Die grausame Frau (1985)
- Egomania - Insel ohne Hoffnung (1986)
- Epidemic (1987)
- Medea (1988)
- 100 Jahre Adolf Hitler - Die letzte Stunde im Führerbunker (1989)
- Das Deutsche Kettensägenmassaker - Die Erste Stunde Der Wiedervereinigung (1990)
- My Own Private Idaho (1991)
- Europa (1991)
- Terror 2000 - Intensivstation Deutschland (1992)
- Josh and S.A.M. (1993)
- For Love or Money (1993)
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
- Rotwang muß weg! (1994)
- The Kingdom (1994) (mini-series)
- A Trick of Light (1995)
- Ausgestorben (1995)
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
- Nur über meine Leiche (1995)
- Tracey Takes On... (1996)
- United Trash (1996)
- Barb Wire (1996)
- Breaking the Waves (1996)
- The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996)
- Betty (1997)
- Prince Valiant (1997)
- The Kingdom II (1997) (mini-series)
- Armageddon (1998)
- Blade (1998)
- Ice (1998)
- Modern Vampires (1998)
- Killer Deal (1998)
- End of Days (1999)
- History Is Made at Night (1999)
- Besat (1999)
- The Debtors (1999)
- Unter den Palmen (1999)
- The New Adventures of Pinocchio (1999)
- Critical Mass (2000)
- Citizens of Perpetual Indulgence (2000)
- Shadow of the Vampire (2000)
- Dancer in the Dark (2000)
- Red Letters (2000)
- Just One Night (2000)
- Doomsdayer (2000)
- Double Deception (2001)
- Die Gottesanbeterin (2001)
- Invincible (2001)
- Megiddo: The Omega Code 2 (2001)
- All the Queen's Men (2001)
- Revelation (2001)
- Auf Herz und Nieren (2002)
- Broken Cookies (2002) (also directed)
- FeardotCom (2002)
- Mrs Meitlemeihr (2002)
- Pigs Will Fly (2002)
- Montewood Hollyverità (2003)
- Love Object (2003)
- Dogville (2003)
- Gate to Heaven (2003)
- Paranoia 1.0 (2004) (a.k.a. One Point O)
- Sawtooth (2004)
- Jargo (2004)
- Modigliani (2004)
- Evil Eyes (2004)
- Dracula 3000 (2004)
- Surviving Christmas (2004)
- Children of Wax (2005)
- One More Round (2005)
- Headspace (2005)
- Wit's End (2005)
- Manderlay (2005)
- John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns (2005)
- BloodRayne (2006)
- Pray for Morning (2006)
- Holly (2006)
- Crusade in Jeans (2006)
- Fall Down Dead (2007)
- Grindhouse (Segment Werewolf Women of the SS) (2007)
- Halloween (2007)
- The Mother of Tears (2007)
- Pars: Operation Cherry (2007)
- Tell (2007)
- Far Cry (2008)
- 1½ Knights - In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde (2008)
- Lulu and Jimi (2009)
- House of Boys (2009)
- Soul Kitchen (2009)
- Metropia (2009) (voice)
- My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? (2010)
- Chuck (2010)
- Borgia (2011)
- Die Blutgräfin (2011)
- Keyhole (2011)
- Melancholia (2011)
- The Theatre Bizarre (2011)
- Iron Sky (2012)
- Night of the Templar (2012)
- UFO In Her Eyes (2012)
- Nymphomaniac (2013)
- Justice League (2002)
- The Batman (2004)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (2010-13)
- Beware the Batman (2013)
- "Interview With An Icon: Udo Kier Discusses His Career And Latest Projects!". Iconvsicon.com. 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Role in "Epidemic" and DVD commentary from Lars von Trier
- Posted by ahillis at July 30, 2011 5:00 AM (2011-07-30). "GreenCine Daily: INTERVIEW: Udo Kier". Daily.greencine.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Vatnsdal, Caelum (2011-01-04). "Udo Kier | Film | Random Roles". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Iron Sky: Interview with Udo Kier | Electric Sheep – Features, essays & interviews from the mavericks of the film world". Electricsheepmagazine.co.uk. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Udo Kier - Actor | Film". DW.DE. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Mark Wyatt, Bert LaMarche. "Udo Kier - Movies". Filmsandtv.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Armageddon Times, Movie Tickets, and Theaters - Zap2it". Movies.zap2it.com. 1998-07-01. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Movies We Love: Armageddon". Film School Rejects. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Guilbert, Georges-Claude (2002). Madonna as Postmodern Myth. Jefferson: McFarland & Co. p. 69. ISBN 0-7864-1408-1.
- "Network for European Documentary Professionals". reelisor. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Seibold, Witney (2012-10-02). "I Die With Open Eyes: Udo Kier on Iron Sky". CraveOnline. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Udo Kier | Actor | Hollywood". Palm Springs Life. Retrieved 2012-10-07.