January 20, 1960 |
Udo Ulfkotte (born 20 January 1960), in Lippstadt, North Rhine-Westphalia is a German journalist and critic of Islam. He was formerly an editor for one of Germany's main dailies, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ). Ulfkotte studied jurisprudence and politics at Freiburg and London. He was an advisor to the Kohl government. Between 1986-1998, Ulfkotte lived predominantly in the Islamic states of Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Jordan.
Ulfkotte publishes a magazine called "Whistleblower" which reports on topics not covered by the German media.
Ulfkotte had planned to run for the Hamburg local elections in 2008 as number 2 on the Centre Party's list, but later withdrew in June/July 2007. On July 2007 Ulfkotte announced he will found a new national party.
Ulkotte is associated with Pax Europa, a German right wing organization. Pax Europa and Ulfkotte were a driving force behind a protest in Brussels, Belgium on September 11, 2007 titled "Stop the Islamization of Europe". He had turned to the Belgian Council of State in order to approve the protest when Brussels mayor Freddy Thielemans refused to permit it. However, he later withdrew his support.
Ulkotte was born into a Christian family, but by the age of 21 years he abandoned Christianity and became atheist. When he went to live in Islamic countries he converted to Islam while living in Herat, Afghanistan. He later abandoned Islam and is now a reborn Christian.
These works are all written in German. English translations of the titles are included here.
- Holy War in Europe. Calibration Fount, Frankfurt/Main, 2007, ISBN 3-8218-5577-0
- The War in the Dark. The True Power of the Secret Services. Calibration Fount, Frankfurt/Main, 2006, ISBN 3-8218-5578-9
- The War in our Cities. As Radical Islamics Infiltrate Germany. Calibration Fount, Frankfurt/Main 2003, ISBN 3-596-16340-4
- Restaurant economics. Goldmann, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-442-15125-2
- Classified Material Federal Intelligence Service. Charcoal Burners and Amelang, Munich, Berlin 1997, ISBN 3-7338-0214-4.
- Over work and Expenditure for Paperback. Heyne, Munich updated 1998, ISBN 3-453-14143-1
- Prophets of the Terror. The Secret Network of the Islamics. William Goldmann Publishing House, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-442-15196-1.
- Journalists Lie in Such a Way. The Fight for Ratios and Editions. Bertelsmann, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-570-00199-7
- Gene Code J. Novel, Calibration Fount, Frankfurt/Main, 2001, ISBN 3-8218-0860-8
- Market Place of the Thieves. , Bertelsmann, Munich, 1999, ISBN 3-570-00198-9
- Boundless criminally. The risks of the European Union Extension to the East. Bertelsmann, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-570-00200-4
- "'German Wilders' attacks Islam"
- Dr. Ulfkotte's website
- Annette Barthlet Foundation prize winner's list
- (German)hamburg kompakt
- MPs arrested in Anti-Islam demonstration in Brussels
- Igor Ogorodnev. "Russia Today: Go back to where you are happy – Udo Ulfkotte on immigration issue". 7:20 minutes in. Russia Today. http://vodpod.com/watch/4709665-russia-today-go-back-to-where-you-are-happy-udo-ulfkotte-on-immigration-issue-part-2.
- Udo Ulfkotte Homepage (Much of this is in German; includes 'Whistleblower' newsletter)
- e.g., The World Upside Down - October 2006
- (German) Jürgen Gottschlich: article on speculations about a US attack vs. Iran, in Der Spiegel, December 2005
- 'German Wilders' attacks Islam, Radio Netherlands Worldwide, June 13, 2007