||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (October 2014)|
Ulfkotte at a Pegida demonstration, 2015
January 20, 1960 |
Lippstadt, West Germany
Udo Ulfkotte (born 20 January 1960) is a German journalist. He was formerly an editor for the German main daily newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ). Ulfkotte studied jurisprudence and politics at Freiburg and London. Between 1986-1998, Ulfkotte lived predominantly in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Jordan.
Ulfkotte publishes a magazine called "Whistleblower" which reports on topics not covered by the German media.
Ulfkotte had planned to run for the Hamburg local elections in 2008 as number 2 on the Centre Party's list, but later withdrew in June/July 2007. On July 2007, Ulfkotte announced he would found a new national party.
Ulfkotte was born into a Christian family, but by the age of 21, he abandoned Christianity and became an atheist. When he went to live in Islamic countries, he converted to Islam while living in Herat, Afghanistan. He later abandoned Islam and is now a Christian.
The book "Bought Journalists"
According to Ulfkotte, the CIA and German intelligence (BND) bribe journalists in Germany to write pro-NATO propaganda articles, and it is well understood that one may lose their media job if they fail to comply with the pro-Western agenda. In 2014, Ulfkotte published Bought Journalists ("Gekaufte Journalisten"), in which he reveals that the CIA and other secret services pay money to journalists to report a particular story in a certain light.
These works are all written in German. English translations of the titles are included here.
- Bought Journalists. How Politicians, Intelligence and High Finance Control German's Mass Media. Kopp, Rottenburg am Neckar 2014, ISBN 3-8644-5143-4
- Holy War in Europe. Eichborn, Frankfurt/Main, 2007, ISBN 3-8218-5577-0
- The War in the Dark. The True Power of the Secret Services. Eichborn, Frankfurt/Main, 2006, ISBN 3-8218-5578-9
- The War in our Cities. As Radical Islamics Infiltrate Germany. Eichborn, Frankfurt/Main 2003, ISBN 3-596-16340-4
- Restaurant economics. Goldmann, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-442-15125-2
- Classified Material Federal Intelligence Service. Koehler und Amelang, Munich, Berlin 1997, ISBN 3-7338-0214-4.
- Over work and Expenditure for Paperback. Heyne, Munich updated 1998, ISBN 3-453-14143-1
- Prophets of the Terror. The Secret Network of the Islamics. Goldmann, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-442-15196-1.
- Journalists Lie in Such a Way. The Fight for Ratios and Editions. Bertelsmann, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-570-00199-7
- Gene Code J. Novel, Eichborn, Frankfurt/Main, 2001, ISBN 3-8218-0860-8
- Market Place of the Thieves. , Bertelsmann, Munich, 1999, ISBN 3-570-00198-9
- Boundless criminally. The risks of the European Union Extension to the East. Bertelsmann, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-570-00200-4
- "'German Wilders' attacks Islam"
- Dr. Ulfkotte's website
- Annette Barthlet Foundation prize winner's list
- (German) hamburg kompakt
- Ferreri, Enza (April 6, 2013). "Journalist Dr Udo Ulfkotte: Expelling Muslims Will Help Europe Fight its Financial Crisis". enzaferreri.blogspot.ca. Enza Ferreri. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Igor Ogorodnev. "Russia Today: Go back to where you are happy – Udo Ulfkotte on immigration issue". 7:20 minutes in. Russia Today. http://vodpod.com/watch/4709665-russia-today-go-back-to-where-you-are-happy-udo-ulfkotte-on-immigration-issue-part-2. [dead link]
- German Journalist Blows Whistle On How The CIA Controls The Media October 2014
- German journo: European media writing pro-US stories under CIA pressure, RT (TV network)
- Editor of major newspaper says he planted stories for CIA (2015-01-26), Digital Journal
- Udo Ulfkotte Homepage (Much of this is in German; includes 'Whistleblower' newsletter)
- e.g., The World Upside Down - October 2006
- (German) Jürgen Gottschlich: article on speculations about a US attack vs. Iran, in Der Spiegel, December 2005
- 'German Wilders' attacks Islam, Radio Netherlands Worldwide, June 13, 2007