University of California Student Association
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (August 2009)|
|Founded||February 11, 1971|
|Claimed: over 220,000 UC Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Students. Actual number unpublished and unknown.|
|Affiliations||United States Student Association
National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
|7 staff members|
|UC Student Lobby|
The University of California Student Association (UCSA) is a private 501(c)(3) organization, purposed as an association of some student governments in the University of California system. It has been noted for its opposition to education funding cuts and increases in student fees and for its support of affirmative action in enrollment policies. The association mobilizes students via voter registration campaigns; it recorded 26,000 new voter registrations in 2006, and added 12,300 new registrations in 2008 for the California Democratic and Republican primaries.
- Associated Students of the University of California (Berkeley)
- Graduate Assembly (Berkeley)
- Associated Graduate Students of UC Irvine
- Undergraduate Students Association Council (Los Angeles)
- Associated Students of UC Merced
- Graduate Student Association of UC Merced
- Associated Students of UC Riverside
- Graduate Student Association of UC Riverside
- Associated Students of UCSD
- Graduate Students Association of UCSF
- Associated Students of UCSB
- Graduate Students Association of UCSB
- Student Union Assembly (Santa Cruz)
- Graduate Student Association of UCSC
- Associated Students, UC Irvine (withdrew in 2014)
- Associated Students, UC Davis
- Graduate Student Association of UC Davis
- Graduate Students Association of UCLA (withdrew in 2008)
- Graduate Student Association of UCSD
Registered public charity
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has determined that UCSA is "exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code" and that UCSA is a "public charity". UCSA is registered with the California Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts as an "Unincorporated Association".
- African Black Coalition
- California State Student Association
- National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- Student Senate for California Community Colleges
- United States Student Association
- Jacoby, Pat (2007-05-17). "Marco Murillo, New President of UC San Diego Students, Credits Preuss School With Opening Scholastic Perspectives". ucsdnews.ucsd.edu. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Schevitz, Tanya; Kevin Fagan and Matthew Yi (2008-04-22). "Nearly 2,000 protest college spending cuts". sfgate.com. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- Avila, Theresa (2008-05-15). "The Daily Bruin - Fee hike leads to protests". dailybruin.com. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- Miran, Aria (2008-01-18). "Regents To Postpone Increase in Student Costs - Daily Nexus". www.dailynexus.com. Retrieved 2009-02-10.[dead link]
- Jacobson, Jennifer (2003-09-19). "The Chronicle: 9/19/2003: Students Sue States Over Tuition Increases but Face an Uphill Battle". chronicle.com. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "The Board of Regents, September 1998". google.com. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Galio, Katalina (2008-01-23). "12,300 UC Students Registered in Time for Primary - The Daily Californian". www.dailycal.org. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- UCSA Board of Directors.
- Menendez, Sarah S. "UCI Leaves UCSA". New University, March 4, 2014.
- Internal Revenue Service, letter dated December 15, 2013.
- UCSA’s State Charity Registration Number is CT0211086. The registration records may be searched online; Registry of Charitable Trusts.