The majority of my work in English Wikipedia involves the development and maintenance of user scripts that enable communication or otherwise provide insight into the editing process. I also like to edit articles relating to computer science, mycology, psychology and philosophy.
I own and use User:PermaNoob and User:GLTester for testing user scripts. I only use those accounts to perform test edits or to test new interface modifications. Edits I perform as a WMF staff member mostly occur through User:Halfak (WMF). All of my work on the wiki comes from this account.
Tools I've developed
- Snuggle supports wiki-mentors by allowing then find desirable newcomers that need mentorship.
- Mr. Clean allows readers to insert cleanup templates in articles.
- Wikignome allows edits to individual sentences while viewing an article.
- NICE is an experimental interface that asks reverting editors to be nice to newbies.
- HAPPI add highlighting to edit pane to visually present information about who last editing wiki-markup and how long ago.
- NOOB adds a visualization of editor experience to talk pages and the revision history page.
- APS Review is a review system for APS:WI to allow members to more easily submit reviews of the articles that they read.
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|The Snuggle tool looks like a great concept. Thanks for working on this! Pine✉ 08:55, 21 December 2012 (UTC)|