|This is a Wikipedia user discussion page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:K.
|Talk to Kenosis
To leave a message on this page, click here.
If you email me, be aware that even if I am actively editing, I cannot always access my email and it may be a day or two before you receive a reply.
If you message me on this page, I will probably reply on this page. If I messaged you on your page, please reply there.
*Post new messages to the bottom of my talk page.
|6 - 5 -4 - 3 - 2 - 1||Archives|
- 1 Wikimania 2012 bid, DC chapter & next meetup!
- 2 DC Meetup: May 7 @ Tenleytown Library
- 3 GLAM-Wiki Baltimore meetup
- 4 The Great American Wiknic and other events in July
- 5 Battle of Fort Stevens Edit-a-Thon!
- 6 Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet
- 7 Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet
- 8 Wikimedia DC invites revolutionaries, free thinkers, and other sundry editors to a DC WikiSalon
- 9 Wikimedia DC's Wonderful meetups
- 10 The wonderful annual meeting! And more!
Wikimania 2012 bid, DC chapter & next meetup!
- At WikiXDC in January, User:Harej proposed that DC submit a bid to host Wikimania 2012. A bid and organizing committee is being formed and seeks additional volunteers to help. Please look at our bid page and sign up if you want to help out. You can also signup for the bid team's email list.
- To support the Wikimania bid, more events like WikiXDC, and outreach activities like collaborations with the Smithsonian (ongoing) and National Archives, there also has been discussion of forming Wikimedia DC, as an official Wikimedia chapter. You can express interest and contribute to chapter discussions on the Wikimedia DC Meta-Wiki pages.
- To discuss all this and meet up with special guest, Dutch Wikipedian User:Kim Bruning, there will be a meetup, Wikipedia:Meetup/DC 16 this Tuesday at 7pm, at Capitol City Brewery, Metro Center. There will be a pre-meetup Wikimania team meeting at 6pm at the same location.
Apologies for the short notice for this meetup, but let's discuss when, where & what for DC Meetup #17. Also, if you haven't yet, please join wikimedia-dc mailing list to stay informed. Cheers, User:Aude (talk)
DC Meetup: May 7 @ Tenleytown Library
The next DC Wikimedia meetup is scheduled for Saturday, May 7, 3:30-5:30 pm at the Tenleytown Library (adjacent to the Tenleytown Metro Station, Red Line), followed by dinner & socializing at some nearby place.
This is the first official meeting of our proposed Wikimedia DC chapter, with discussion of bylaws and next steps. Other agenda items include, update everyone on our successful Wikimania bid and next steps in the planning process, discuss upcoming activities that we want to do over the summer and fall, and more.
GLAM-Wiki Baltimore meetup
The Great American Wiknic and other events in July
I am pleased to announce our fourth annual picnic, the Great American Wiknic, will take place at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, July 13 from 1 to 5 PM (rain date: July 20). We will be hanging out by the statue of Dante Alighieri, a statue that was donated to the park in 1921 as a tribute to Italian Americans. Read more about the statue on Wikipedia. If you would like to sign up for the picnic, you can do so here. When signing up, say what you’re going to bring!
July will also feature the second annual Great American Wiknic in Frederick, Maryland. This year’s Frederick picnic will take place on Sunday, July 6 at Baker Park. Sign up here for the Frederick picnic.
We hope to see you at our upcoming events!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 21:22, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Battle of Fort Stevens Edit-a-Thon!
Sorry for the last minute update, but our friends at the DC Historical Society have scheduled a Battle of Fort Stevens Edit-a-Thon to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War battle fought in the District. The event will last from noon to 2 PM on Wednesday, July 30. Hope you can make it!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 21:16, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet
Come one and come all. To a presentation at the Laurel Historical Society about how you can help verify, validate, and edit the information that is on the front line of local history.
- Show the Internet who is the better editor.
- Be the creator of culture that you know you are.
- Spread the knowledge of noteworthy people who no one but you cares about.
- Lead the charge to a better Wikipedia --- eventually.
Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet
See you at the Laurel Pool Room, 9th and Main Street, Laurel, MD on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM EST. See http://www.meetup.com/Wikimedia-DC/events/205494212/ for more information. Geraldshields11 (talk) 02:13, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC invites revolutionaries, free thinkers, and other sundry editors to a DC WikiSalon
The WikiSalon is a special meetup usually held during the first and third full weeks of every month, from 7 PM to 9 PM. It's an informal gathering of Wikimedia enthusiasts, who come together to discuss Wikimedia wikis and collaboratively edit. There's no set agenda, and guests are welcome to recommend articles for the group to edit or edit on their own.
If you're coming by Metro, the closest station is Dupont Circle (on the Red Line). If you're driving, a lot of parking opens up downtown after 6:30 PM, so finding a parking space (even a free one) should be easy. Once you've found the building, go to Cove on the second floor. We will be in the conference room.
When: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: The Cove, Dupont Circle, 1730 Connecticut Avenue NW, 2nd floor, 20009, DC
For more information, see http://www.meetup.com/Wikimedia-DC/events/205500822/
Wikimedia DC's Wonderful meetups
Wikimedia DC's Upcoming meetups
- Thursday, September 11: “Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet, One Article at a Time!”
- A presentation at the Laurel Historical Society about how you can help verify, validate, and edit the information that is on the front line of local history. Laurel Pool Room, 9th and Main Street in Laurel, MD. 7 PM.
- Wednesday, September 17: WikiSalon
- Come for the pizza, stay for the conversation. 7 PM – 9 PM
- Saturday, September 20: September Meetup
- Get dinner and drinks with fellow Wikipedians! 6 PM
- Sunday, September 21: Laurel History Edit-a-Thon
- Local history for Wikipedia! 10:15 AM – 4 PM
- Saturday, September 27 – Sunday, September 28: Please RSVP for the Open Government WikiHack at Eventbrite by clicking on the link. The National Archives and Records Administration and Wikimedia DC are teaming up to come up with solutions that help integrate government data into Wikipedia. 10:30 AM – 5 PM each day
The wonderful annual meeting! And more!
Hello, fellow Wikipedian!
I am excited to announce our upcoming Annual Meeting at the National Archives! We'll have free lunch, an introduction by Archivist of the United States David Ferriero, and a discussion featuring Ed Summers, the creator of CongressEdits. Join your fellow DC-area Wikipedians on Saturday, October 18 from 12 to 4:30 PM. RSVP today!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 21:20, 5 October 2014 (UTC)