|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
- 1 Speedy deletion of 500,000 BC in art
- 2 List of Chinese painters
- 3 Master of Arts
- 4 Hi...
- 5 Thank you
- 6 Thanks, and a suggestion
- 7 You are now a Reviewer
- 8 Xie Jin (painter).
- 9 Skysmith/Missing painter biographies: Difference between revisions
- 10 A kitten for you!
- 11 Bison Licking Insect Bite
- 12 Enrique Simonet
Speedy deletion of 500,000 BC in art
Apologies for being so hasty on speedy delete. When you get a chance please read my comments in Talk:500,000 BC in art. Thanks. 18:27, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
List of Chinese painters
Good to hear from you, and thanks for the contributions. Basically what I did was minor editing and creating stubs. This probably is the best what I could do. Speaking of expanding those stubs, I'm afraid we need some real experts in this field. We don't even know much about those painters, even in Chinese literature, besides their paintings. Thus, some articles may remain as stubs forever. But even stubs are better than nothing. Have a nice day! Ramtears (talk) 17:43, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Master of Arts
Just a quick note to thank you for your work in disambiguating articles pointing to "Master of Arts" - my watchlist has been swamped! I didn't know until you did this that there was a separate page for the Oxbridge MA, and I'll try and remember to link directly to that in future. Regards, BencherliteTalk 23:46, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Ta. Incidentally, are you doing this by hand or with a tool? If you want to use AWB, I'll gladly put you on the list. BencherliteTalk 00:02, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
|The Minor Barnstar|
|For fixing my own stupid mistake- and sorry for taking so long to clarify what this is for. J Milburn (talk) 23:56, 13 December 2008 (UTC)]|
|The Working Man's Barnstar|
|I just caught one of your typo fixes on my watchlist, and given your impressive and diligent work behind the scenes maintaining and improving the quality of our encyclopedia, I'd like to let you know how much your contributions are appreciated. Thank you, EyeSerenetalk 21:03, 27 January 2009 (UTC)|
Thanks, and a suggestion
Thanks for going over the new "[year] in poetry" pages. Your changes are improving the pages, and if you've got any suggestions on where I might get more information, I'd love to hear them. One of the reasons why some WP articles like Girolamo Fracastoro differ on birth years that I've been putting into the year pages is that the reliable sources differ, and your change on that one is reminding me that I need to be checking for differences between our articles and the sources I'm using. If you look at these two Google searches for Fracastoro, there are plenty of good sources that say he was born in 1478  and plenty that go with 1483 . When took his name and years (along with many other poets') from the New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry, I didn't realize how many differences there are among the sources on birth years for this period. (I've also been taking information from Wikipedia lists of poets and the French Wikipedia years-in-literature pages , which could also account for differences in years. Some [not all] of this data I put into 16th century in poetry before adding it to new year-in-poetry articles.)
I think most of Wikipedia's articles in this area (at least for minor poets) are based on copied encyclopedia articles that are in the public domain because they're old (1911 Britannica, Catholic Encyclopedia, etc.), and I suspect that accounts for some of the discrepancies -- some more recent scholarship has just come up with different information. In other cases the sources just come to different conclusions. To reflect that, I think I'll add back Fra Castoro to 1478 with a note citing sources, and add that other sources give his birth year as 1483, then do the same at 1483. If I have the energy, I'll do something similar in the WP articles on people like Fracastro. This doesn't seem to be a case where the birth year is just vague -- sources are citing one year or the other, not years in between and hardly anyone is saying "circa", so it's probably based on two original sources.
- Hi again! After I finish the last of the year-in-poetry articles for the 17th century, I'm going to concentrtate on going through a book of Indian literary history for the 20th century. I can only access the book on Google Books. In mid-June, some kind of court decision is supposed to be made in a lawsuit by publishers against Google, and I think some books are going to go off-line at that point. I've already started on the Indian book and I should finish it off in case it goes offline.
- In the meantime, please feel free (of course) to continue adding to the year-in-poetry pages as you've been doing. I'll try to work on it later in the month. What I'd been doing previously (besides going offline) was looking at the year-in-literature births and deaths (and "poetry" sections), then looking at the French Wikipedia versions of years in literature, then looking at the "What links here" feature in the "toolbox" list on the left of the page, and finding births and deaths that way. In all of that, you may find a labor-saving tactic. Thanks again for working on it. -- Reconsideration (talk) 19:49, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, will be commencing a two-month trial at approximately 23:00, 2010 June 15 (UTC).
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under flagged protection. Flagged protection is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial.
When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.
Xie Jin (painter).
Bonjour Keithh. Selon la bibliographie disponible en français, Xie Jin (painter) est un peintre du XVIe siècle. Il est actif vers 1560. Dans votre article, vous situez son âge à (1369–1415). Je n'ai pas trouvé de Xie Jin ayant cet âge. Pouvez-vous vérifier et m'informer de vos sources SVP. Cordialement. --Colibrix (talk) 08:23, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
- Je n'ai pas trouvé de peintre Xie Jin de (1369–1415). Dans le (Bénézit - vol. 14 - ISBN=2700030249 _ Page 776) et (3000 ans de peinture chinoise - ISBN= 2877303411 - pages 215-216) Xie Jin est actif vers 1560. Ses dates de naissance et de décès ne sont pas connues. Cordialement --Colibrix (talk) 16:20, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
Skysmith/Missing painter biographies: Difference between revisions
A kitten for you!
I found the page José Ramírez de Arellano interesting, thanks.
Hi, good page. But there are two "present" locations, one in the lead paragraphs and one in the photo caption. I'll use the photo caption location at List of Stone Age art, but if it is wrong please come by and change it. Thanks. Randy Kryn 20:31 7 June 2014 (UTC)
The page Enrique Simonet is very poor, I would like to make it better but my English is not good enough to edit
Maybe you can copy/translate from Enrique Simonet at Spanish wikipedia
Thank you very much