|Hello! I find it easier to follow a conversation if it's in one place. Therefore:
Yes Davood Roostaei is a Global international Artist who has donated millions to charity.. I am working for him now and wanted to update his Wiki page.. I may not be adding the information right, but believe me this is a legend in the world that many president and even the pope has his paintings.. please visit www.davoodroostaei to learn more. His next exhibition is coming up in China with Salvador Dali and it's only open to the government official. I will have to create all that you erased again. He is definitely a man is huge diversity.
- @Madegoke: Hello. Did you see the edit summary I left explaining my reasons for my edits? There were a couple of reasons. Wikipedia articles must be written from a neutral point of view, whereas the text you added was highly admirational. Also, original research isn't permitted. This includes one's own opinions, evaluations, analyses, which is what much of what you'd written appeared to be. It's OK to indicate the reception that an artist's works have received elsewhere, but that should be cited to sources. This is especially important for biographies of living persons.
- Since you have now said that you're working for him, please read Wikipedia's guidelines on conflicts of interest.
- I'd recommend, if you have it in mind to restore the content I deleted, that you follow the links I've given you above first, to get a feel for what is and isn't appropriate for a Wikipedia article. —Largo Plazo (talk) 10:44, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diplomacy|
I will try again tomorrow and will copy the same type of information from an exiting page. No copy write infringement will be involved. I had a stroke and doing my best on my own. — Preceding unsigned comment added by MichaelHarrisonBendall (talk • contribs) 03:21, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
Merger discussion for British green
An article that you have been involved in editing, British green , has been proposed for merging with another article. If you are interested, please participate in the merger discussion. Thank you. Adam9007 (talk) 15:26, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
I am sorry for causing trouble. I am new to the site and thought that if i did edit the page it would only show up on my screen because it was false information. Im sorry for causing you to take time out of your day to re-edit the article — Preceding unsigned comment added by Milesk777 (talk • contribs) 17:05, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I appreciate your note. Yes, every change you save is visible! If you are interested in testing Wikipedia's features, though, you can do that in a sandbox in your user space. To learn about your user pages, see WP:User pages; there's a section there, accessible directly through WP:User sandboxes, that will tell you how to test without disturbing anyone else. —Largo Plazo (talk) 17:10, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Would like to say
somewhere in the AfD of[Kodjo Adabra] and your help in my noob-level errors, you say 'Racism is a dangerous thing to joke about'. After quite a lot of though I strongly feel this is an inappropriate statement, further, I would say you are right in one sense and in other senses that sort of 'generalized philosophy' can be quite dangerous. I would just like to say that despite all the risks, whatever you might be concerned about, racism is a dangerous thing to not joke about, to treat it as a subject too tense for any discussion? That sounds like quite an unbearable way to live, but that is just my opinion. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nolanpowers (talk • contribs) 21:22, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- To accuse someone of it, even jokingly, when that person is a total stranger you're having a passionate disagreement with rather than one of your buddies with whom you have a tradition of boundary-pushing kidding, shows really poor judgment. I also wonder about the judgment of a person who has already told me plainly that he never wants to hear from me again but who doesn't understand that, as a corollary, he's kind of obligated himself from that point on not to stir the pot.
- @Nolanpowers: No, my aversion to even a suggestion, by someone who knows nothing about me and who offers it without bothering to check the record, that my activities on Wikipedia are motivated by racism doesn't make my life even remotely unbearable, but I'm touched by your concern. —Largo Plazo (talk) 00:40, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
About the collaborative Intelligence article
I have a question about the article I wrote. I wanted to make a translation for the collaborative Intelligence article but I've made a mistake, I published it on the english version. How can I do to post it on the french version? Can you reply on my email please? firstname.lastname@example.org
Thx a lot,
- @Lucasrh: I'm sorry, I'm not going to write to your email address. You post it on French Wikipedia in exactly the same way you do on English Wikipedia. Go to French Wikipedia and proceed! —Largo Plazo (talk) 15:02, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Improvisational Tribal Style
Hello, I'm trying to correct an error. My dance style is called Improvisational Tribal Style, NOT Improv Tribal Style. I tried to create a new page but it has disappeared (it says that you undid the change). Can you please direct me to the appropriate place to correct this? Thank you, Sarah Stinson http://improvisationaltribalstyle.com — Preceding unsigned comment added by WeeRedLass (talk • contribs) 20:25, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- @WeeRedLass: Um ... it didn't disappear, I redirected it, and just finished leaving a note about it on your talk page.
- What exactly are you trying to do? I see that the article Improv Tribal Style Belly Dance has been here since 2007. Are you saying that it's your style, that the title is inaccurate, and that you're trying to correct it? If that's the case, then the solution is to WP:MOVE it to the proper title, rather than creating a new article and copying and pasting content. If you were trying to change the title to "Improvisational Tribal Style", you've actually made the move difficult by creating the article at that title from scratch. If I've described correctly what your intention is, let me know and I can help you out. —Largo Plazo (talk) 20:35, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for clarifying. Sorry, I'm new to this so I probably did it all wrong... The title is incorrect. I will follow your link and fix the existing article. It also needs a LOT of cleanup. My plan is to work on that in sections... Thanks again for your help! User:WeeRedLass Sarah — Preceding unsigned comment added by WeeRedLass (talk • contribs) 20:38, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
No dice, Largoplazo. The request was denied. It says that I don't have permission to move the page because the name already exists. I thought that the one I attempted to create today was redirected? Can you assist me with the move, or do I need to contact a different administrator? Thank you. WeeRedLass (talk — Preceding undated comment added 20:43, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Right, that's what I was saying: you already created a page at that title, so the existing one can't be moved there. I was offering to help by requesting the deletion of the page you created and then moving the existing one to it, if you'll confirm that "Improvisational Tribal Style" is where you wanted it to go. —Largo Plazo (talk) 20:45, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Not a problem! Not everything about Wikipedia is obvious. :-) I've submitted the new page for deletion. After it's been deleted, you or I (whoever notices it first) can move the old page to that title, unless the administrator who deletes the new one reads the explanation I provided and decides to execute the move himself. —Largo Plazo (talk) 21:23, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Please do keep in mind, though, the guidelines on writing with a conflict of interest. If you're going to edit the article, it's essential that you treat it disinterestedly, as anyone else would when writing a reference article. —Largo Plazo (talk) 21:25, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- After all that, I don't know why, instead of waiting, you moved the article to Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS). People aren't going to generally look for an article on the assumption that its title is going to repeat the name of the topic both in full form and as an abbreviation. That isn't a recommended approach to titling an article, and now it needs to be moved again anyway. —Largo Plazo (talk) 03:25, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
I thought I did what you suggested...you said "then the solution is to WP:MOVE it to the proper title, rather than creating a new article and copying and pasting content." I went to the old site and moved it. Sorry. Also, it still gives a warning message at the top that the article needs clean-up, but doesn't list a specific reason...how do I get rid of that?
- You had said it was supposed to be called "Improvisational Tribal Style" and I had said I would move it to "Improvisational Tribal Style" once the article you'd already created at that location was deleted. Then, instead, you moved it to "Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS)". Ultimately, though, the person who processed my deletion request figured it out and moved the article, then at "Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS)", to "Improvisational Tribal Style", which is where we had agreed it should be.
- Since the clean-up tag was added in 2010, without the nature of the anticipated clean-up being specified, and since the article has been spruced up since then, and since the article looks fairly good to me, I would say it's OK to remove the clean-up tag. Whatever the person who placed it there had in mind has probably been taken care of. —Largo Plazo (talk) 23:41, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
Name of Palmyra
Hello, you asked for a clarification and it does exist in the notes. The general view holds that "Palmyra" is derived from "Tadmor" either as an alteration, which was supported by Schultens,[note 4] or as a translation using the Greek word for palm ("palame"),[note 5] which is supported by Jean Starcky. In note 4, you will see Schultens theory about the alternation :According to Schultens, the Romans altered the name from "Tadmor" to "Talmura", and afterward to "Palmura" (from the Latin word "palma", meaning palm), in reference to the palm trees. Then the name reached its final form "Palmyra".. In note 5 you will see the theory about the translation : The name could be a translation of "Tadmor" (assuming that it meant palm), and derived from the Greek word (Palame)..--Attar-Aram syria (talk) 01:22, 22 May 2015 (UTC)--Attar-Aram syria (talk) 01:22, 22 May 2015 (UTC)