|Threads older than 45 days may be archived by.|
- Indeed. He is now trying to place his bio on his user talk page instead. Does access to his talk page need to be revoked as well? -- Whpq (talk) 16:00, 23 November 2014 (UTC)
U-Seff Qasrawi Deletion
Hello, I Would love to know more steps on how to edit my article and getting it deleted, i wrote an article about Jordanian known artist and it got deleted . — Preceding unsigned comment added by Maninvan (talk • contribs)
- You may wish to contact Jonathanarpith (talk) who tagged the article for deletion, or Peridon (talk) who was the administrator who carried out the deletion. If you look at U-Seff Qasrawi, there is a highlighted box listing the deletions, and reasons for deletion. The latest lists WP:G11 which means the article was promotional, and it lists WP:A7 which means there was no assertiona as to why the subject is WP:NOTABLE. AS I was not involved in the deletion in any way, I suggest you contact one of the two individuals I listed above to. Regards -- Whpq (talk) 15:13, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
There is NO interest whatsoever in self advertising. As a user of wikipedia and one that has helped with creating several other users accounts i would not leverage on advertising self with this account. You may have to look again at your nomination and please state the points in which self promotion is identified — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mmanti Umoh (talk • contribs) 11:43, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- The discussion on the whether your user page should be kept or deleted is at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Mmanti Umoh. I suggest you make your comments in that discussion. Regards. -- Whpq (talk) 11:48, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
December Wikification drive.
Greetings! Just letting you know the December wikification drive has been started. Better late than never. Cheers! :) Heading for the 20's, living in the Wild Wild Wikipedia! (talk) 18:46, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
DriftingSunWeb claims to be in the band that the article is about. I don't know if that changes anything, but just thought you would like to know this. Perhaps the speedy deletion should be changed to regular deletion while this discussion goes on. PointsofNoReturn (talk) 21:38, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your message. Now I understand what is required and why the article was not accepted, sorry for taking so long, I was just struggling with the rules.
Ok, I have now removed the direct links to the Drifting Sun website and any link that isn't from independent sources, thus have left only articles and reviews about the band from magazines etc. I will also edit the info to keep it 100% unbiased.
My first 2 albums were initially copyright by SACEM (France), which is where I am from originally, and I have recently protected my entire catalogue with Copyright House (through digital copyright) earlier this year. Regarding the SACEM protection, I can only show you prints of the certificates for the songs, as they are only viewable online by me when I log in to my access area and they don't point to a specific link that can be opened by anyone else (although I can provide you with the catalogue numbers related to the songs). With the more recent Copyright House protection, I do have specific URLs pointing to each song, showing both my real name and my artist name, along with the name of the band, the song title, the registration ID and date, and the security code. Would you like me to paste some URLs relating to a few songs from each album?
- With regards to copyright, the issue is that the wording of the article is taken directly from the band's website. It has nothing to do with the copyright registration of your songs. Regards. -- Whpq (talk) 12:45, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (December 2014)
- Elsevier - science and medicine journals and books
- Royal Society of Chemistry - chemistry journals
- Pelican Books - ebook monographs
- Public Catalogue Foundation- art books
Other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team.00:25, 18 December 2014 (UTC)