Мединский Владимир Ростиславович
|Minister of Culture|
May 21, 2012
|Prime Minister||Dmitry Medvedev|
|Preceded by||Aleksander Avdeev|
|Born||Vladimir Rostislavovich Medinsky
July 18, 1970
Smila, Cherkasy Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, USSR (Today Ukraine)
|Political party||Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Before 1991)
Our Home-Russia (1995–2000)
United Russia (2001–present)
|Alma mater||Moscow State Institute of International Relations|
Doctor of Sciences in politic and historic studies
|Religion||Russian Orthodox Christian|
recorded December 2012
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Vladimir Rostislavovich Medinsky (Russian: Владимир Ростиславович Мединский) (born July 10, 1970) is a Russian political figure, publicist, professor of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations and writer, who since May 2012 has been the Minister of Culture.
He is an ethnic Ukrainian, member of the Writers Union of Russia (Союз писателей России), and member of the General Council of the United Russia party. Previously he was the head of the Committee for Cultural Affairs in the State Duma, in 2011.
- 1987-1992 - Member of Komsomol and student in the International Journalism Faculty in the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (МГИМО МИД России).
- 1993-1994 - graduated in the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
- 1991-1992 - trainee in the Press Service of the Embassy of the USSR, and then Russia, in the United States, in Washington D.C..
- 1992-1998 - Chairman of the Advertising agency called "Ya-Corporation".
- 1998-1999 - adviser to the Director of the Federal Tax Police Service of the Russian Federation, and later become as Chairman of Department for Informational Policy in the Ministry of Tax and Revenue.
- 1999-2000 - Chairman of the Directorate of Central Election Commission Headquarters for Fatherland - All Russia Block, than a member of Unity Party.
- 2000-2002 - Adviser to the Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Georgiy Boos
- 2002-2004 - Head of the Executive Committee of Moscow Organization of United Russia, Head of the Political campaign staff of "United Russia", in Moscow.
- 2003 - elected as member of 4th session of the State Duma.
- 2004-2005 - Deputy Chief of Central Executive Committee of "United Russia" for Information and Analysis.
- 2006-2008 - President of the Russian Association of Social Communications.
- 2007 - elected as member of 5th session of the State Duma, from regional group of the United Russia from Lipetsk Oblast. Worked as Coordinator from State Duma with the Parliament of South Korea.
- 2010-2012 - Member of the Presidential Commission to counter the attempts to falsify history to the detriment of Russia's interest.
- November 2011 - Head of the Committee for Culture in the State Duma.
- May 2012 - appointed as Minister of Culture in the New Cabinet.
Dissertations and accusation of plagiarism
- 1997 - defended Doctoral dissertation in political science
- 1999 - defended Higher Doctoral dissertation in political science
- June 2011 - defended Higher Doctoral dissertation in history in the Russian State Social University: "Problems of objectivity in the illumination of Russian history from the second half of the 15th to 17th centuries".
The third thesis of 2011 has been widely debated in the Russian media and a large number of fragments have been shown to bear a significant resemblance to existing academic works, which caused numerous accusations of plagiarism.
On 23 May 2014, the Dissernet community declared to have found plagiarism in two previous dissertations by Medinsky, of 1997 and 1999. According to Dissernet's expertise, in the first thesis 87 pages out of 120 have been borrowed from the thesis of Medinsky's scientific advisor S.A.Proskurin. In the second thesis, 21 pages textually conicide with other people's works.
- The Wall (Стена), 2012, ISBN 978-5-373-04522-3
- Myths about Russia (Мифы о России), Series of books by Vladimir Medinskiy
- Legal basis for commercial advertising by Vladimir Medinskiy and Kirill Vsevolozhskiy, ISBN 5-901084-01-2
- Scoundrels and geniuses PR. From Rurik to Ivan the Terrible by V. Medinskiy, 2011, ISBN 978-5-388-00487-1
- Состав нового Правительства РФ, New government's structure, Ekho Moskvy radio (Russian)
- Мединский противостоит фальсификации истории, Medinsky become as a member of Presidential Commission, ER.RU
- "Dissernet's" Experts found plagiarism
- Profile: Vladimir Medinsky, Russia's Controversial New Culture Minister //Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Vladimir Medinsky //The Moscow Times
- Published results of the expertise of Vladimir Medinsky’s doctoral thesis on Dissernet server
- Published results of the expertise of Vladimir Medinsky’s higher doctoral thesis on Dissernet server
- Meet the Second-Rate Academic Who is Vladimir Putin's Culture Cop // The New Republic
- Министр культуры предлагает торжественно похоронить Ленина,Minister of Culture has offer to solemnly bury Lenin - Russian source
- Мединский: Тело Ленина пора выносить из мавзолея, Medinskiy: The Time as come to remove Lenin's body from the Mausoleum, er.ru
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vladimir Medinsky.|
- Official Website (Russian)
- medinskiy_vr in Twitter
- Official Blog in LiveJournal
- Vladimir Rostislavovich Medinsky in VKontakte
- Official Video blog in Russia.ru
- blog in Echo Moscow
|Russian Minister of Culture
May 21, 2012–present