|City of license||Napeague, New York|
|Broadcast area||eastern Long Island|
|Translator(s)||93.3 W227AN, Southampton|
|First air date||October 6, 2011(as WEGB)|
|HAAT||80 meters (260 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W East Gate Broadcasting|
|Former callsigns||KCBE (2008-2009)|
|Owner||Community Bible Church|
|Webcast||Listen Live options|
In an unusual move, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) had originally granted a "K" call letter station in the Eastern United States on October 23, 2008, for the said station. For decades, the commission's practice is to keep the "W" calls east of the Mississippi River and the "K" calls west of the river. This is not surprising, as there are a few stations west of the Mississippi River with the "W" call signs such as WBAP and WFAA-TV in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. Other stations using a K east of the Mississippi River are KYW and KYW-TV in Philadelphia, KDKA and KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh and also KQV in Pittsburgh, while all those cities are in Pennsylvania. This is not the first time a K has been used in an Eastern United States state outside of Pennsylvania—others include KYW-TV in Cleveland back in the 1960s; and KTGG in Spring Arbor, Michigan in 1985.
The move didn't last long as a year later, the call sign was changed to WEGB.
WEGB simulcasts on one translator, W227AN (93.3 FM) in Southampton, New York.
- Fybsuh, Scott (November 24, 2008). "And The Job Cuts Keep On Coming...". NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- O'Reilly, Brendan (November 5, 2008). "FCC approves new East End radio station". The East Hampton Press.
- "WEGB Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Walla, Claire (December 7, 2011). "Community Bible Church Goes Live on the Airwaves". The Sag Harbor Express. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- "Application Search Details (WEGQ)". FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- East Gate Broadcasting website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WEGB
- Radio-Locator information on WEGB
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WEGB
- Community Bible Church
Other station data