|City of license||Heflin, Alabama|
|Broadcast area||Anniston, Alabama|
|Slogan||"Southern Gospel by day, Worship by night"|
|First air date||October 2005|
|Format||Southern Gospel / Worship Music|
|HAAT||219 meters (719 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||KNG = "King"|
|Owner||Covenant Communications, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WBTR-FM, WCKA, WCKF, WCKS-FM, WKNG, WLBB|
WKNG-FM (89.1 FM, "Rejoice 89.1") is a non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve Heflin, Alabama, USA. It broadcasts a Southern Gospel music format during the day with Christian worship music programming at night.
The station is owned by Covenant Communications, Inc. Leslie E. Gradick and his son Steven L. Gradick own a combined 90% interest in Covenant Communications. The senior Gradick also owns Gradick Communications which in turn owns the licensees for WKNG (AM), WCKS-FM, WLBB, and WBTR-FM while his son owns Alabama 810 LLC, the licensee for WCKA and WCKF.
More than three years after filing their initial application, this station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on May 16, 2002. The new station was assigned the call letters WKNG-FM by the FCC on March 2, 2005. WKNG-FM received its license to cover from the FCC on August 24, 2005.
On April 4, 2006, the FCC granted this station a construction permit to upgrade to a class C3 facility with 1,000 watts of effective radiated power from an antenna placed at a height above average terrain of 254 meters (833 feet). The transmitter site would also move west by northwest to 33°40'52"N,85°48'55"W in the center of Anniston, Alabama. This construction permit is scheduled to expire on April 4, 2009.
- "Fire association seeks financial help". The Cleburne News. October 13, 2005. "Ford said the station went on the air last week with some Black gospel, Elvis and live shows."
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Second non-profit begins broadcasting". The Cleburne News. November 23, 2005. "The station programs Southern gospel music during the day and worship music during the night."
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19990302MI)". FCC Media Bureau. May 16, 2002.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20050512ADF)". FCC Media Bureau. August 24, 2005.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-20060118AAC)". FCC Media Bureau. April 4, 2006.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WKNG
- Radio-Locator information on WKNG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WKNG