|City of license||Denmark, Wisconsin|
|Broadcast area||Green Bay, Wisconsin|
|Branding||Nash FM, 99.5 & 104.9|
|Slogan||"Country for Life"|
|First air date||1969 (as WKAU-FM)|
|Callsign meaning||PaCKer Country (reflecting the branding used in its 1990s simulcast with WPKR)|
|Former callsigns||WKAU-FM (1969-1986)
|Owner||Clear Channel Communications
(operated by Cumulus Media; reacquisition pending)
(Citicasters Licenses, Inc.)
|Sister stations||WDUZ, WKRU, WOGB, WQLH|
WPCK (104.9 FM, "Nash FM 99.5 & 104.9") is a radio station licensed to Denmark, Wisconsin and serving the Green Bay area as a simulcast of Oshkosh-based country music station WPKR. The station is owned by Clear Channel Communications and is operated by its former owner (and WPKR's owner) Cumulus Media.
The station was previously known in the 1970s and 1980s as Top 40 station WKAU-FM, but became oldies-formatted WKFX by 1990. In 1997, an ownership change saw the station become WPCK, simulcasting its Oshkosh sister station WPKR ("Packer Country"). Both stations would eventually be acquired by Cumulus Media, who would break off the simulcast in November 2003, with WPCK keeping a country format but adopting its own identity, "Kicks 104.9." In 2009, Clear Channel Communications would acquire WPCK and 4 other Green Bay area stations owned by Cumulus as part of an ownership swap for 2 Ohio stations that went from Clear Channel to Cumulus; Cumulus, as part of the deal, continues to operate WPCK to this day; in August 2013, Clear Channel reached a deal to sell its Green Bay stations back to Cumulus.
In June 2011, WPCK would reunite with WPKR in a simulcast, branded as "99.5 and 104.9 The Wolf," incorporating new and existing elements from both stations. The "Wolf" branding would give way on May 24, 2013 to the new branding of "Nash FM, 99.5 and 104.9;" WPCK and WPKR were two of six Cumulus country stations to adopt the "Nash FM" branding that day, part of Cumulus' plan to nationally expand its multimedia "Nash FM" country branding, which was launched earlier in 2013 at its New York City station, WNSH.
- Ownership swap is in the works for 5 area radio stations - Green Bay Press-Gazette (released January 3, 2009)
- "Ownership Of Green Bay Cluster Goes Back From Clear Channel To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Source: WisconsinBroadcasting.com, posted 6/12/2011
- "Cumulus Launches Five Additional NashFM's," from RadioInsight, 5/24/2013
- "NashFM Phase Two On The Way?" from RadioInsight, 5/22/2013
- Official Site for "Nash FM 99.5 & 104.9"
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPCK
- Radio-Locator information on WPCK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPCK