Products include locomotives, trains, metros, freight and fuel wagons, and equipment for passenger boarding of aircraft.
In 2007 the company manufactured Iran's first express train, a four coach, 252 passenger, 160 km/hr train. In 2009 the company had a production capacity of 1800 vehicles per annum, and was operating at 20% of that figure.
In the first decade of the 21st century the company received export orders for Cuba, including a 60 billion rial order for 550 freight wagons, (completed Sept. 2009) and 200 passenger vehicles Also in 2009 the company obtained a €80 million contract with Vietnam Railways for the supply of 200 passenger vehicles - 40 of which would be produced by Wagon Pars, the remainder assembled in Vietnam as part of a technology transfer agreement.
In 2009 and 2010 workers at the Wagon Pars factory staged protests due to lack of payment of wages; the company is thought to be in financial difficulties due to mismanagement. The acquisition by Iran Khodro during the 2005-2010 privatisation of Iranian industries is claimed to have contributed to the company's poor financial state.
In May 2010 the company announced it was to help set up a rolling stock factory in Syria. The plant is to have a production capacity of 300 wagons, and also be able to repair passenger coaches.
- "Wagon Pars Company". investing.businessweek.com. Bloomberg. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Wagonpars Company - About Us". www.wagonpars.com.
- "Iran: 17 Billion Euro Foreign Investment in Rail Industry". www.payvand.com. Payvand. 19 August 2009.
- "Iranians to build AC diesels". www.railwaygazette.com. Railway Gazette International. 1 February 1998.
- "Main line Locomotive AD43C (Under License of Alstom)". www.wagonpars.com. Wagon Pars Co.
- "ALSTOM to supply 100 diesel-electric locomotives in Iran". www.alstom.com (Press release). Alstom. 27 October 1999.
- "Iran Manufactures 1st Express Train". www.iran-daily.com. Iran Daily. 3 February 2007. Archived from the original on 2 June 2009.
- "Wagon Pars sells 550 wagons to Cuba". Tehran Times. 10 August 2009.
- "World rolling stock market September 2009". www.railwaygazette.com. Railway Gazette International. 17 September 2009. "Iranian firm Wagon Pars has supplied 100 covered vans to Cuba under a 60bn rial contract, completing an order for 550 wagons"
- "Wagon Pars selling 200 passenger rail cars". www.cubastandard.com. 28 May 2010.
- Finalizing contract to build 200 train wagons for Vietnam, IDRO English Bulletin (Industrial development and renovation organisation of Iran (IDRO)) (7), August 2009: 4
- Iran to Export Passenger Cars to Vietnam., www.highbeam.com (Moj News Agency), 18 June 2009
- Iran to Build Wagons for Vietnam, english.farsnews.com (Fars News Agency), 6 June 2009
"Crisis at Wagon Pars". iranlaborreport.com. Iran Labor Report. 3 February 2010.
"Workers of the Wagon Pars Factory on Strike". hopoi.org. Hands Off the People of Iran. 31 August 2009.
"Iran: Wagon Pars workers stage sit-in over unpaid wages". www.marxistcom. 3 September 2009.
"1700 Iranian workers on hunger strike". hopoi.org. 13 October 2009.
- "Iran's Wagon Pars to open factory in Syria". www.menafn.com. 16 May 2010.
- Iran to Establish Wagon Production Plant in Syria, IDRO English Bulletin (Industrial development and renovation organisation of Iran (IDRO)) (11), September 2011: 4
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wagon Pars.|
- "PARS Wagon Factory". www.phantasrail.com.
|This Asia rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|