Washington Street (San Diego Trolley station)
San Diego Trolley station
Siemens-Duewag U2 approaching towards OLD TOWN TRANSIT
|Address||2136 West Washington Street
San Diego, CA
|Connections||Bus Route 10|
|Owned by||San Diego Metropolitan Transit System|
Washington Street is a station of the Green Line on the San Diego Trolley. It is located in an industrial corridor along the edge of San Diego International Airport. The stop also serves a crowded residential area in the Mission Hills neighborhood, which includes a variety of medium density housing within blocks of the station. This station opened in June 1996 as part of the Blue Line (then called the North/South Line) extension to the Old Town Transit Center.
On July 2, 2011, the station was closed to undergo renovations as part of the Trolley Renewal Project. It was originally supposed to be reopened by early September, but numerous construction issues pushed the reopening back into the Fall. After numerous delays, the station was reopened on November 24, 2011.
On September 2, 2012, service to this station was replaced by the Green Line, when the Blue Line's northern terminus was truncated to the America Plaza station as part of a system redesign. Blue Line service at this station will resume when the Mid-Coast Trolley extension is completed by 2018.
Platforms and tracks
|Trolley Northbound||■Green Line||toward Santee Town Center (Old Town Transit Center)|
|Trolley Southbound||■Green Line||toward 12th & Imperial Transit Center (Middletown)|
|Amtrak/Coaster||■Pacific Surfliner||No stops|
- Ristine, Jeff (July 23, 2006). "After 25 years, the trolley keeps on moving". San Diego Union-Tribune (Union-Tribune Publishing Co.). Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "MTS Starts Downtown Trolley Station Reconstruction Washington Street Station to Close Temporarily on July 2". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. June 23, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Washington Street Trolley station to close for renewal". San Diego Union-Tribune (Union-Tribune Publishing Co.). June 27, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- "Trolley Renewal Project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- Castillo, Efren (October 17, 2011). "Washington Street Trolley Station". San Diego Reader. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Washington St Station now to remain closed thru late Nov due to construction issues.". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (via Twitter). November 14, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "September 2, 2012 Service Changes. Major Bus and Trolley Service Changes". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Mid-Coast Corridor Transit Project Fact Sheet" (pdf). San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG). May 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|