Waverly High School (Ohio)
|Waverly High School|
|1 Tiger Drive
|Type||Ohio, public, rural, high school|
|School district||Waverly City School District|
|Principal||Bill Hoover, Principal
Bo Arnett, Athletic Director
|Head of school||Cheryl Francis, Superintendent|
|Color(s)||Black and Orange |
|Athletics||baseball, boys' and girls' basketball, boys' and girls' cross country, football, boys' golf, boys' soccer, fast pitch softball, boys' and girls' swimming, boys' and girls' tennis, boys' and girls' track, and girls' volleyball|
|Athletics conference||Southern Ohio Conference |
Waverly High School (WHS) is a public high school in Waverly, Ohio in Pike County in Southern Ohio. It is the only high school in the Waverly City School District. The school mascot is the Tiger and their colors are orange and black.
The school's athletic affiliation is with the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and the Southern Ohio Conference (SOC), which has sixteen member schools and is divided into two divisions (SOC I and SOC II) based on the schools' enrollment. The SOC includes teams from four different Ohio counties - Jackson County (Oak Hill High School), Lawrence County (Symmes Valley High School), Pike County (Waverly High School, Eastern High School, and Western High School), and Scioto County (Clay High School, Green High School, Glenwood High School, Sciotoville Community School, Valley High School, Northwest High School, Minford High School, Portsmouth West High School, Notre Dame High School, South Webster High School, and Wheelersburg High School). See also Ohio High School Athletic Conferences and the Southern Ohio Conference
Ohio High School Athletic Association championships and appearances
- Boys' Baseball – 1954 (Waverly def. Sycamore 2-1)
- Boys' Basketball - OHSAA Final Four Appearance - 1970 (Dayton Chaminade d. Waverly 73-55)
- 1973 - Associated Press Class AA Boys' Basketball Poll Champion (17-1)
2009 - Today the Sun Rises Upon on the Chinaman
2010 - Up the Down Staircase
2011 - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Drama Club
2010 - Is there a doctor in the house?
2011 - Aloha, Aloha
2007 - Li'l Abner
2008 - Beauty and the Beast
2009 - Pal Joey
2010 - The Wizard of Oz
2011 - South Pacific
- Frank Lewis. "Ready to Retire". Portsmouth Daily Times. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- OHSAA. "OHSAA Member School Info". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Southern Ohio Conference (January 2007). "Southern Ohio Conference Constitution and By-laws".
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- OHSAA. "OHSAA 84th Annual State Basketball Tournament Program". p. 59.
|This Pike County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|