We Are the Champions: Final Live in Japan
|We Are the Champions: Final Live in Japan|
We Are the Champions: Final Live in Japan is a live concert video of English rock band Queen's performance at the Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo on 11 May 1985 as part of the Japanese leg of The Works Tour.
The film's title is slightly inaccurate, as Queen actually performed two more shows in Japan (in Nagoya on 13 May, and in Osaka on the 15th). The 90-minute film is not the full concert, leaving out Brian May's guitar solo and Dragon Attack. The video is also edited for time by cutting away setup waits between songs.
Only officially released in Japan, it first appeared as a video release in 1992, then as a laserdisc release, before a DVD release in 2004 with new artwork, and a 2006 under the title Live in Japan 1985. The concert footage has not been studio-corrected to remove errors in sound, unlike other Queen concert video releases.
It features an extensive synth playing.
- Tear It Up (Brian May)
- Tie Your Mother Down (May)
- Under Pressure (Queen, David Bowie)
- Somebody to Love (Freddie Mercury)
- Killer Queen (Mercury)
- Seven Seas of Rhye (Mercury)
- Keep Yourself Alive (May)
- Liar (Mercury)
- Impromptu (Queen)
- It's a Hard Life (Mercury)
- Now I'm Here (May)
- Is This the World We Created? (Mercury/May)
- Love of My Life (Mercury)
- Another One Bites the Dust (John Deacon)
- Hammer to Fall (May)
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Mercury)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Mercury)
- Radio Ga Ga (Roger Taylor)
- I Want to Break Free (Deacon)
- Jailhouse Rock (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
- We Will Rock You (May)
- We Are the Champions (Mercury)
- God Save the Queen (arr. May)
The concert opens with "Machines, Or Back to Humans (Intro)" which is not credited on the video.