|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 6Y8|
|Serves||Beaver Island, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||664 ft / 202 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Welke Airport (FAA LID: 6Y8) is a privately owned, public use airport located on Beaver Island in Charlevoix County, Michigan, United States. Scheduled passenger service to Charlevoix Municipal Airport in Charlevoix, Michigan is provided by Island Airways.
Facilities and aircraft
Welke Airport covers an area of 200 acres (81 ha) at an elevation of 664 feet (202 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 9/27 is 2,512 by 30 feet (766 x 9 m) with an asphalt surface and 17/35 is 3,500 by 140 feet (1,067 x 43 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 23,450 aircraft operations, an average of 64 per day: 78% general aviation and 22% air taxi. At that time there were 12 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine and 17% multi-engine.
Airline and destination
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service at this airport:
- FAA Airport Master Record for 6Y8 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Island Airways
- PDF (37.4 KB) at Michigan Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of May 1999 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: