Telephone numbers in Monaco
|Typical format||xx xx xx xx|
|Country calling code||+377|
|International call prefix||00|
Until 21 June 1996, Monaco formed part of the French numbering plan, with fixed line numbers beginning with 93. On that date the Principality adopted its own country code +377. Consequently, all calls between France and Monaco had to be dialled in international format, including those to and from surrounding areas in France.
- From Monaco to France
- 00 33 x xx xx xx xx
- From France to Monaco
- 00 377 xx xx xx xx
Mobile phone operators in at least two other jurisdictions, specifically Lonestar Cell in Liberia and Vala in Kosovo, have also used the +377 dialing code. Vala's use of +377 ceased on 3 February 2017, when Kosovo implemented the +383 code.
- Mise en œuvre d’un plan national de numérotation téléphonique, Government of Monaco, 3 February 2017
- The Merrill Lynch Euromoney Directory, Euromoney Publications PLC, 1988, page 697
- Hydrographic Review, Volume 73, International Hydrographic Bureau, 1996, page 179
- South of France, Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls, Cadogan Guides, 2003
- "Title III: Economic Crimes and the Conflict, Exploitation and Abuse" (PDF). Truth and Reconciliation Commission, Republic of Liberia.
- Global Connect: Telecommunications, Cell Communications, Internet Connectivity, Mobile Connectivity, 175 Countries, Myron Manley, World Trade Press, 2005, page 683
- "Telecommunications: Kosovo's callers forced to talk in foreign codes". Financial Times. 13 December 2009.
- "Kosovo calling code +383 becomes operational". Telecompaper. 3 February 2017.