École secondaire l'Essor
|École Secondaire Catholique l'Essor|
|13605 St. Gregory Road
Tecumseh, Ontario, N8N 3E4
|School type||High school|
|Motto||"l'Aigle seul à le droit de fixer le soleil"
("Only the eagle has the right to reach for great heights")
|School board||Conseil scolaire catholique Providence|
|Enrollment||664 (September 2015)|
|Color(s)||Orange, Brown, White (1979-1995) Orange, Black, White (1995 - present)|
École secondaire catholique l'Essor is a Catholic, French-language high school located in Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada (formerly St. Clair Beach), established in 1979. It serves the Francophone population of Essex County. The name l'Essor, coined by local resident Florence Limoges, is a portmanteau combining Essex and Windsor. Essor also refers to the French word to take flight. The school belongs to the Conseil scolaire catholique Providence.
The small school participates in a wide variety of local activities in the Francophone community. A notable example is the Franco Bowl, an annual football match against neighbouring Windsor's French Catholic high-school, École secondaire E.J. Lajeunesse. The school has a very high percentage of graduates, and high test marks.
- Brian Bulcke, Football Player, cut from San Francisco 49ers of the NFL, currently with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL
- Taras Natyshak, MPP for Essex
- Kyle Wellwood, retired NHL hockey player
- Sports Include: Football, Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Wrestling, Golf, Tennis, Badminton, Swimming, Softball, Baseball, Cross Country, Track and Field
- Official school site
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- La plume de l'aigle and L'ERGO student newspaper archives
- Satellite image from Google Maps
- "Shooting exercise seemed real" The Windsor Star