(Now You See Me) Now You Don't
|"(Now You See Me) Now You Don't"|
|Single by Lee Ann Womack|
|from the album Some Things I Know|
|B-side||"The Preacher Won't Have to Lie"|
|Released||August 7, 1999|
|Songwriter(s)||Tony Lane, Jess Brown, David Lee|
|Lee Ann Womack singles chronology|
"(Now You See Me) Now You Don't" is a song written by Tony Lane, Jess Brown and David Lee, and recorded by American country music artist Lee Ann Womack. It was released in August 1999 as the third single from her CD Some Things I Know. The song peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks.
Editors at Billboard gave the song a positive review and wrote, "Clocking in under three minutes, it's a short, saucy little number with a lively melody, excellent guitar work, and a clever lyric about a woman on her way out of a sour relationship. Womack's voice is a combination of childlike vulnerability and spurned-woman desperation as she perfectly conveys the emotion in the lyric. This has all the elements necessary to become a summertime hit--and possibly Womack's long-awaited chart-topper."
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||11|
|US Billboard Hot 100||72|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||12|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||83|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||58|
- Billboard Singles Reviews (June 5, 1999)
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7308." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 25, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Lee Ann Womack Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Lee Ann Womack Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.