|Born||January 24, 1954|
Dayton, Ohio, USA
|Origin||Madison, Wisconsin USA|
Glenn Worf is an American bassist known mainly for his work as a session musician. He has recorded with many major country music acts and also tours with Mark Knopfler.
Early life and education
Worf was born in Dayton, Ohio, and grew up in Madison, Wisconsin. He has concentrated on the bass guitar since the age of 13. He majored in music at the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire. Eventually,[when?] he moved to Nashville, Tennessee.
Throughout his career, Worf has recorded with numerous performers including Bryan Adams, Trace Adkins, Craig Campbell, Billy Ray Cyrus, Alan Jackson, Wynonna Judd, Toby Keith, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Buffett, Miranda Lambert, Aaron Neville, Lee Roy Parnell, Kellie Pickler, Kenny Rogers, Bob Seger, Sugarland, Shania Twain, Keith Urban, Lee Ann Womack, and Tammy Wynette.
He is perhaps most well known for his work with former Dire Straits front man Mark Knopfler. Worf has contributed double and electric bass parts to every Knopfler solo album and is a member of his touring band. He also contributed to the BBC documentary on Knopfler, Mark Knopfler: a Life in Songs, shown on BBC 4 on 28 January 2011.
In addition to his studio work, Worf performs regularly in and around Nashville with artists such as Mike Henderson and Kevin Welch.
- ^ Authorized Biography
- ^ "takemybreathaway.net". ww12.takemybreathaway.net.
- ^ "albums.htm&frm=www.cduniverse.com Discography at CD Universe". www.cduniverse.com.
- ^ "Moe: Madison native gigs with big names". m.host.madison.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-19.
- ^ Video on YouTube (not available in all countries)
- 1954 births
- American country bass guitarists
- American session musicians
- Living people
- Musicians from Dayton, Ohio
- Musicians from Madison, Wisconsin
- Guitarists from Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire alumni
- Guitarists from Ohio
- American male bass guitarists
- 20th-century American bass guitarists
- Country musicians from Ohio
- 20th-century American male musicians