||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|Birth name||Alexander Perls Rousmaniere|
|Also known as||009 Sound System
May 11, 1976 |
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
|Genres||EDM, trance, progressive trance, electro house, house|
|Labels||Track One Recordings|
Alexander Perls (born May 11, 1976) is an American musician and record producer. His notable projects include 009 Sound System and Aalborg Soundtracks, which songs are entirely written, performed, and produced by Perls.
Perls' songs are known for their mix of electronic, trance and controversial religious related lyrics, which listeners have alternately interpreted as the work of a Christian, or a work of an atheist.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, while studying as an new student at University College London in 1997, Perls worked with the post-rock collective Piano Magic. Following Perls' graduation from Oberlin College in 1998, he worked briefly for the Barbara Gladstone Gallery, a leading contemporary art dealership in New York, and then settled into a career as songwriter.
Between 2000 and 2008, Perls primarily composed music for European dance music, including David Guetta, Paul van Dyk, Ian Carey, ATB, and Robert M. first in New York City, and after 2006, in Los Angeles. From 2000 to 2003 he was one of the members of the electronic music duo CIRC, which released one album, Love Electric, and several singles and remixes.
Between 2002 and 2004, Perls' music publishing catalog was represented by Bug Music. Between 2004 and 2011, Perls' music publishing catalog was represented outside the United States by the Independent Music Group. Since 2011, Perl's catalog has been represented outside the United States by Kobalt Music.
In 2011, Track One Recordings opened a remix competition for Perls' productions "Dreamscape" and "Born to Be Wasted".
Perls' song "Wings" was created to be the theme song for The Wings Flying Hoodie, a sweatshirt with a built in inflatable travel pillow and eyemask.
Notoriety of 009 Sound System on YouTube
As a consequence of YouTube introducing a system called AudioSwap on February 22nd, 2007, which replaces the audio of copyrighted soundtracks with a different, Creative Commons licensed song, a number of songs from 009 Sound System, particularly "Dreamscape", "With a Spirit", "Space and Time", "Born To Be Wasted", "Holy Ghost", and "Trinity", became widely prominent on many YouTube videos; many YouTube commenters have jokingly declared one or the other song as the unofficial "national anthem" for YouTube. These six tracks became common on many videos due to them being placed at the top of the AudioSwap list, and that many did not care about what music was used on their videos.
- Annex Trax, Vol. 1 (2008)
- 009 Sound System (2008)
- Holy Ghost (2010)
- Sing For The Song (2012)
- "Space and Time" (2006)
- "Music and You" (2007)
- "Trinity" (2009)
- "Speak to Angels" (2009)
- "Within a Single" (2009)
- "When You're Young" (2011)
- "Dream We Knew" (2011)
- "Powerstation" (2011)
- "Wings" (extended edit) (2012)
- "Beat of the Moment" (2010)
- "The Hero Waits (Remastered) (2014)
- IMO Records. “009 Sound System Biography", IMO Records, London, Retrieved on 25 January 2012. Archived March 19, 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Piano Magic Official Website". Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- June 2011 "Wikipedia" Check
- "Artnet". Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "Gothamist". Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Alexander Perls". Discogs. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Circ Profile on Discogs.com". Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- "Track One Recordings". track one recordings. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Ezvid More Info". ezvid. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Ezvid". ezvid. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Wings Flying Hoodie". wings. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
"Dreamscape" - spoon la sinta dusa koot - France girls kiss - 2005