|Also known as||1-Speed Bike, Bottleskup Flenkenkenmike, OSB|
|Genres||Post-rock, instrumental rock, electronica, experimental rock|
|Instruments||Drum kit, Percussion|
|Labels||Kranky, Constellation, Broklyn Beats|
Aidan Girt is a Canadian drummer for the Montreal-based post-rock collectives Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and Exhaust. He is also a solo electronic artist under the names OSB, 1-Speed Bike, and Bottleskup Flenkenkenmike and continues to record (with others) in Some Became Hollow Tubes.
Girt, along with Gordon Krieger and Mike Zabitsky, formed the group Exhaust; they performed in Montreal for a short time and released a single in 1996. In 1998, the three released a self-titled album and, in 2001, a studio album, Enregistreur.
In 2019 Girt began releasing music as a duo with guitarist Eric Quach under the name Some Became Hollow Tubes.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- F♯A♯∞ (Constellation Records, 1997)
- Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada (Constellation Records, 1999)
- Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (Constellation Records, 2000)
- Yanqui U.X.O. (Constellation Records, 2002)
- 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (Constellation Records, 2012)
- Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress (Constellation Records, 2015)
- "Luciferian Towers" (Constellation Records, 2017)
- G_d's Pee at State's End! (Constellation Records, 2021)
- 230596 7" cassette (self-released, 1996)
- Exhaust (Constellation Records, 1998)
- Enregistreur (Constellation Records, 2002)
- Grenadilla Splinters (self-released, 2011)
A Silver Mt. Zion
- He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms... (Constellation Records, 2000)
- Droopy Butt Begone! (Constellation Records, 2000)
- I'm a Pretzel on a Stealth Mission to Kill the President (Broklyn Beats, 2002)
- Limp Penis (self-released, 2003)
- El Gallito (Broklyn Beats, 2004)
- Klootzak Keizer (Broklyn Beats, 2005)
- Someone Told Me Life Gets Easier in Your 50s (Broklyn Beats, 2005)
- A Swimmer in the Ocean Is Not Afraid of the Rain (Bully Records, 2006)
- Pashto Translator Needed (self-released, 2010)
- This Country is Torture (Bad Panda Records, 2011)
- Robbery (self-released, 2013)
- Untitled 12" (Toolbox, 2002)
- Looks Like Velvet, Smells Like Pee (Broklyn Beats, 2002)
Some Became Hollow Tubes
- In 1988 I Thought This Shit Would Never Change (self-released, 2019)
- Keep it in the Ground (Gizeh Records, 2019)
- "Music - Some Became Hollow Tubes". somebecamehollowtubes.bandcamp.com. Some Became Hollow Tubes. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- Colin Larkin. The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Omnibus Press; 27 May 2011. ISBN 978-0-85712-595-8. p. 1439.
- "1-Speed Bike El Gallito". Exclaim!. By Michael Edwards, Mar 01, 2004
- "Exhaust". AllMusic, Biography by MacKenzie Wilson
- "Last Ex: Last Ex". Pop Matters, Ian King, 04 Dec 2014
- The Wire. Vol. Issues 257-262. C. Parker; 2005. p. 65.