All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling
|All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling|
|Studio album by Godspeed You Black Emperor!|
|Producer||Godspeed You! Black Emperor|
|Godspeed You Black Emperor! chronology|
All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling is claimed to be the earliest release from Canadian experimental musical collective Godspeed You! Black Emperor. According to a 1998 interview with the band, the album was published on cassette in December 1994 and limited to 33 copies. At this point, the group consisted only of Efrim Menuck, Mauro Pezzente, and Mike Moya. No copies of the release are known to exist and the music has been "thought to be lost forever by the band's fans".
When asked about the album in a 2010 interview, Efrim Menuck stated that All Lights is a vocal rock album that bears little relation to the band's later work, and that he "keep[s] expecting it's gonna pop up [on the internet] but it never does". In another interview, Menuck stated that the album was a 4-track recording.
In 2013, a Reddit user, who claimed to have purchased a copy of the tape in Moncton, New Brunswick, uploaded photographs of the cassette cover and "audio files of tracks purporting to be the final two songs on the A-side". The user's Reddit account was deleted shortly afterwards, leading some news outlets to declare the alleged rediscovery a hoax.
Supposed Track listing
- Side A
- "Drifting Intro Open"
- "Shot Thru Tubes"
- "Three Three Three"
- "When All the Furnaces Exploded"
- "Son of a Diplomat, Daughter of a Politician"
- "Glencairn 14"
- "Loose the Idiot Dogs"
- "Diminishing Shine"
- "Random Luvly Moncton Blue(s)"
- Side B
- "333 Frames Per Second"
- "Revisionist Alternatif Wounds to the Hair-cut Hit Head"
- "Ditty for Moya"
- "Buried Ton"
- "And the Hairy Guts Shine"
- "Deterior 23"
- "All Angels Gone"
- "Deterior 17"
- "Deterior Three"
- "Devil's in the Church"
- "No Job"
- "Dress Like Shit"
- "Perfumed Pink Corpses from the Lips of Ms. Céline Dion"
- "GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR". Constellation Records. Constellation Records. Archived from the original on May 27, 2000. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Interview, The Wire, September 1998.
- "Godspeed You! Black Emperor began with Efrim, Mauro and Moya in the early 90s, playing a handful of shows and recording a self-released cassette as a trio before deciding to transform the group into a large band." http://cstrecords.com/bands/godspeed-you-black-emperor
- Reddit user claims to have unearthed Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s long-lost debut cassette All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling. FACT, September 16, 2013.
- George Zahora, Intervew with Efrim Menuck Archived 2009-08-01 at the Wayback Machine.. Splendid E-Zine.
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s long-lost debut, the limited-to-33 cassette All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling, reportedly surfaces on… Reddit. Tiny Mix Tapes, September 16, 2013.
- Long-Lost Godspeed You! Black Emperor Cassette Allegedly Emerges Online. Exclaim!, September 16, 2013.