All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling
All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling is claimed to be the earliest release from Canadian experimental musical collective Godspeed You! Black Emperor. According to a 1998 interview with the band, the album was published on cassette in December 1994 and limited to 33 copies. At this point, the group consisted only of Efrim Menuck, Mauro Pezzente, and Mike Moya. According to Nashville Scene, "the tapes were as quickly sold as they were lost; there are no reported copies aside from what their label, Constellation Records, preserved", and Constellation has never reissued it. FACT remarks that the release has been "thought to be lost forever by the band's fans".
When asked about the subject in a 2010 interview, Efrim Menuck stated that All Lights is a vocal rock album that bears little relation to the band's later work, and that he "keep[s] expecting it's gonna pop up [on the internet] but it never does". In another interview, Menuck stated that the album was a 4-track recording.
In 2013, a Reddit user, who claimed to have purchased a copy of the tape in Moncton, New Brunswick, uploaded photographs of the cassette cover and "audio files of tracks purporting to be the final two songs on the A-side". The user's Reddit account was deleted shortly afterwards, leading some news outlets to suggest the alleged rediscovery could be another hoax.
- "Godspeed You! Black Emperor". Constellation Records. Constellation Records. Archived from the original on May 27, 2000. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Larkin, Colin (May 27, 2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Omnibus Press. ISBN 9780857125958. Retrieved July 14, 2020 – via Google Books.
- Interview, The Wire, September 1998.
- Buckley, Peter (2003). The Rough Guide to Rock. Rough Guides. p. 433. ISBN 9781843531050. Retrieved July 14, 2020 – via Google Books.
- Fox, Matt (October 11, 2012). "How Godspeed You! Black Emperor's ambiguity evolved from a building block to a selling point". Nashville Scene. Retrieved July 8, 2020.
- "Reddit user claims to have unearthed Godspeed You! Black Emperor's long-lost debut cassette All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling". FACT. September 16, 2013.
- "Interview: Efrim Menuck of A Silver Mt. Zion". The 405. Archived from the original on March 10, 2016.
- Zahora, George. "Interview with Efrim Menuck". Splendid E-Zine. Archived from the original on August 1, 2009.
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s long-lost debut, the limited-to-33 cassette All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling, reportedly surfaces on… Reddit. Tiny Mix Tapes, September 16, 2013.
- "Long-Lost Godspeed You! Black Emperor Cassette Allegedly Emerges Online". Exclaim!. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014., September 16, 2013.