10th Iowa Volunteer Infantry Regiment
|10th Iowa Infantry Regiment|
|Active||September 6, 1861–August 15, 1865|
|Disbanded||August 15, 1865|
|Engagements||American Civil War|
|Col. Nicholas Perczel|
The 10th Iowa Infantry was organized at Iowa City, Iowa, and Montezuma, Iowa, and mustered into Federal service on September 6 (9 companies) and September 28, 1861 (remaining company). The regiment was mustered out on August 15, 1865, in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Total strength and casualties
Total enrollment was 1319. The regiment lost 6 officers and 95 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 134 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 235 fatalities. 277 were wounded.
- Lieutenant Colonel William H. Silsby (March 30, 1865). "Regimental History of the 10th Iowa Volunteer Infantry". Headquarters of the 10th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Retrieved March 16, 2010.
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf2.htm#10th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Baker (1863), Volume 1 p. 366.
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil402.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- Baker, Nathaniel B. (1863). The Report of The Adjutant General and Acting Quartermaster General of Iowa. Volume 1. F.W. Palmer. State Printer. Des Moines, Iowa.