|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||100s 110s 120s – 130s – 140s 150s 160s|
|Years:||129 130 131 – 132 – 133 134 135|
|132 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||885|
|Chinese calendar||辛未年 (Metal Goat)
2828 or 2768
— to —
壬申年 (Water Monkey)
2829 or 2769
|Coptic calendar||−152 – −151|
|- Vikram Samvat||188–189|
|- Shaka Samvat||54–55|
|- Kali Yuga||3233–3234|
|Iranian calendar||490 BP – 489 BP|
|Islamic calendar||505 BH – 504 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1780 before ROC
|Seleucid era||443/444 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||674–675|
Year 132 (CXXXII) was a leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Serius and Sergianus (or, less frequently, year 885 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 132 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus (Athens) is completed using Cossutius' design.
- The messianic, charismatic Jewish leader Simon bar Kokhba starts a war of liberation for Judea (Bar Kokhba revolt) against the Romans, which is eventually crushed (in 135) by emperor Hadrian. Rabbi Akiva is supportive of the rebellion.
- The legion X Fretensis must evacuate Jerusalem, returning to Caesarea. The Jews enter the city and re-establish their system of sacrifices. They strike coins to celebrate their independence, which would last for only 30 months. The legion XXII Deiotariana, which advanced from Egypt, is completely destroyed.
- Merchants in Britain build structures outside the forts of Hadrian's Wall and offer goods and services (including brothels) to Roman soldiers, who receive salaries in a region that otherwise has virtually no ready money.
- Construction begins on the Mausoleum of Hadrian in Rome, today known as Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Change of era name from Yongjian (7th year) to Yangjia of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
Arts and sciences
- Chinese scientist Zhang Heng invents the first seismometer for determining the exact cardinal direction of earthquakes hundreds of miles away; the device employs a series of complex gears around a central swinging pendulum.
- Cai Yong, Chinese calligrapher and musician (d. 192)
- Han Huandi, emperor of the Han Dynasty (d. 168)
- Tao Qian, Chinese warlord (d. 194)