1500s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1509 in architecture)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1490s . 1500s in architecture . 1510s|
- c. 1500 - Chateau de Blois largely rebuilt.
- 1500 - St. Anne's Church, Vilnius is completed.
- Expansion of Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh.
- Chichester Cross is built in Chichester, England.
- Construction of the Jerónimos Monastery at Belém (Lisbon) in Portugal begins; it will take 100 years to complete.
- Construction of spire of St James' Church, Louth, Lincolnshire, England begins; it will take until c.1515 to complete.
- 1501/2 - Construction of the Ducal Palace of Vila Viçosa in the Duchy of Braganza (Portugal) begins.
- Tempietto, San Pietro in Montorio, Rome, designed by Donato Bramante, is built.
- Construction of St. Mary's Church, Gdańsk, begun in 1379 by Heinrich Ungeradin, is completed with the installation of vaulting by Heinrich Haetzl.
- Vladislav Hall in Prague Castle, designed by Benedikt Rejt, is completed.
- Expansion of Great Malvern Priory in England is completed.
- 1504 - Matsumoto Castle in Japan built.
- 1505 - Archangel Cathedral in Moscow begun.
- 1505–1508 - Fondaco dei Tedeschi on the Grand Canal (Venice) rebuilt by Fra Giovanni Giocondo.
- 1506 - Construction of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome to the design of Bramante begins.
- 1503: November 1 - Pope Julius II becomes Pope; he will be patron to Bramante, Raphael, and Michelangelo.
- 1507: October 1 - Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola, Italian Mannerist architect (died 1573)
- 1508: November 30 - Andrea Palladio, Venetian architect (died 1580)