1903 FA Cup Final
|Event||1902–03 FA Cup|
|Date||18 April 1903|
|Venue||Crystal Palace, London|
Route to the final
- Derby County
Leeming 56' 76'
Derby came into the final without the injured Steve Bloomer, but even so they had the stronger side on paper. However, the match turned out to be one of the most one-sided ever played, and Bury's 6–0 victory remains a record for the biggest margin in an FA Cup Final, later equalled by Manchester City in the 2019 Final. Bury also equalled another record, winning the Cup without conceding a goal in any round.
Derby's play was so poor that Bury were never fully extended. Monteith, the Bury goalkeeper, had little to do whilst defenders McEwen and Ross contributed much to Bury's crushing victory. Richards led the attack although he didn't score; Leeming scored twice with Bury's other goals coming from Ross, Sagar, Wood and Plant.
- "The Emirates FA Cup, Past Results". The FA. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "FA Cup 1902/1903 » Schedule". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Bury v Derby County, 18 April 1903". 11v11.com. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "The FA Cup Finalists 1900-1909 - Historical Football Kits". Archived from the original on 25 September 2008. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Man City win FA Cup to clinch domestic treble". 19 May 2019. Retrieved 19 May 2019.