1980 in ice hockey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
National Hockey League
- Art Ross Memorial Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer during the regular season: Marcel Dionne, Los Angeles Kings
Canadian Hockey League
- Ontario Hockey League: Peterborough Petes won J. Ross Robertson Cup.
- Quebec Major Junior Hockey League: Cornwall Royals won President's Cup (QMJHL)
- Western Hockey League: Regina Pats won President's Cup (WHL)
- Memorial Cup: Cornwall Royals defeated Peterborough Petes
- February - 1980 Winter Olympics: The United States men's hockey team wins the gold medal, defeating Finland in their last medal round game. Their extraordinary upset victory over the heavily favoured Soviet Union team in their previous medal round game became known as the "Miracle on Ice" in the US press.