1st Cossack Volunteer Cavalry Regiment
|1st Cossack Volunteer Cavalry Regiment|
Don Cossacks flag
|Active||March - April 1918|
|Allegiance||Don Army, Volunteer Army|
|Alexei V. Kravtzov
Grigori V. Tatarkin
The 1st Cossack Volunteer Cavalry Regiment was a volunteer of Don Cossack cavalry regiment that served in the Don Army during the Russian Civil War. The unit was formed in March - April 1918 by Colonel Alexei V. Kravtzov to serve with the forces of Don Army in the opening stages of Russian Civil War. Included to the Army Corps of Gen. Tatarkin on May 19.
Cossacks from the Ust-Medveditskaya okrug was brought together by Colonel Alexey V. Kravtzov at the stanitsa Ust-Medveditskaya, on Don Republic territories in preparation for an anti-Bolshevik action in Don Host Oblast. After that was involved in numerous battles during the months-long prelude of the Russian Civil War in Don Host Oblast, including the ill-fated Battle of Loznoye from December 22 to December 30, 1918 where regiment save by manoeuvre corps of Don Army under command of General Golubintzev. In this battle Colonel Kravtzov shot himself not to fall into the Bolshevik hands. In March 1919 part of 4th Don Cossacks Cavalry Division.
- Headquarters of North-East Front of the Don Army (ex-Headquarters of Ust-Medveditskaya okrug. 1st Cavalry Regiment of Voiskovoi Starshina A. Kravtzov) http://guides.rusarchives.ru/browse/gbfond.html?bid=122&fund_id=439053
- Golubintzev, A.V., «Russian Vandea», 1995, p.24, 80. http://krukov-fond.ru/page,2,russsianvandeya.html
- Golubintzev, A.V., Russian Vandea
- Volkov S.V.: Tragedy of the Russian officer corps. Officers in White movement
- Volkov S.V.: White movement in Russia: Organisation and structure. 2000