2006 Dodge/Save Mart 350
|Race 16 of 36 in the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series|
|Date||June 25, 2006|
|Official name||Dodge/Save Mart 350|
|Location||Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, California|
Permanent racing facility|
1.99 mi (3.202 km)
|Distance||110 laps, 218.9 mi (352.285 km)|
|Average speed||73.953 miles per hour (119.016 km/h)|
|Most laps led|
|Driver||Jeff Gordon||Hendrick Motorsports|
|No. 24||Jeff Gordon||Hendrick Motorsports|
|Television in the United States|
|Announcers||Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Darrell Waltrip|
The 2006 Dodge/Save Mart 350 was a NASCAR Nextel Cup Series stock car race held on June 25, 2006 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California. Contested over 110 laps on a 1.99 mile (3.202 km) road course, it was the 16th race of the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series season. Jeff Gordon of Hendrick Motorsports won the race.
This is the 100th road course race in Nextel Cup series history.
The course, Infineon Raceway (now called Sonoma Raceway), is one of two road courses to hold NASCAR races, the other is Watkins Glen International. The standard road course at Infineon Raceway is a twelve-turn course that is 2.52 miles (4.06 km) long; the track was modified in 1998, adding the Chute, which bypassed turns five and six, shortening the course to 1.95 miles (3.14 km). The Chute was only used for NASCAR events such as this race, and was criticized by many drivers, who preferred the full layout. In 2001, it was replaced with a 70-degree turn, 4A, bringing the track to its current dimensions of 1.99 miles (3.20 km).
Top 10 results
|1||24||Jeff Gordon||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|2||12||Ryan Newman||Penske Racing South||Dodge|
|3||96||Terry Labonte||Hall of Fame Racing||Chevrolet|
|4||16||Greg Biffle||Roush Racing||Ford|
|5||2||Kurt Busch||Penske Racing South||Dodge|
|6||99||Carl Edwards||Roush Racing||Ford|
|7||31||Jeff Burton||Richard Childress Racing||Chevrolet|
|8||38||Elliott Sadler||Robert Yates Racing||Ford|
|9||60||Boris Said||No Fear Racing||Ford|
|10||48||Jimmie Johnson||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
- Time of race: 2:57:36
- Average Speed: 73.953 miles per hour (119.016 km/h)
- Pole Speed: 93.055 miles per hour (149.758 km/h)
- Cautions: 7 for 12 laps
- Margin of Victory: 1.250 sec
- Lead changes: 9
- Percent of race run under caution: 10.9%
- Average green flag run: 12.2 laps
- White, Rea (18 June 2010). "Road course races challenge the specialsts". Fox Sports. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Sears Point". gt-racing.co.uk. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Passing is tough in Chute". The Augusta Chronicle. 28 June 1998. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Sears Point Breaks Ground On Modified Chute". SPR Media Relations. RacingWest. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
2006 3M Performance 400
|Nextel Cup Series
2006 Pepsi 400