2007 Superbike World Championship
|2007 Superbike World Championship|
Supersport World Championship
FIM Superstock 1000 Cup
European Superstock 600
The main title contenders were 2004 champion James Toseland on a Honda, 2006 champion Troy Bayliss on a Ducati, former MotoGP rider Max Biaggi on a Suzuki, and Noriyuki Haga on a Yamaha. Bayliss spent the season riding a Ducati 999, even though production of the 999 had ended in 2006 and the bike had been replaced by the Ducati 1098. To satisfy homologation requirements, Ducati produced 150 limited edition 999 models.
The championship was won by James Toseland in the final race of the season. Toseland's 415 points gave him a 2-point margin over Haga, with Biaggi in third position with 397 points. The manufacturers' championship was won by Yamaha.
Race calendar and results
Bold – Pole position
|2007 final manufacturers' standings|
- All entries utilized Pirelli tyres.
On 20 March DFX Honda dropped Steve Martin from their rider lineup due to a lack of funds. On 27 March DFX Honda and Steve Martin reached an agreement which saw the rider on track at Donington and from there, on a race by race basis for the next three races.
- SBK 2007 Silverstone
- "Magny Cours, 05–06–07 October 2007 – Superbike – Championship Standings & Ranking Progression" (PDF). resources.worldsbk.com. Dorna WSBK. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Magny Cours, 05–06–07 October 2007 – Superbike – Manufacturers Standings & Ranking Progression" (PDF). resources.worldsbk.com. Dorna WSBK. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Motorcycle Racing Online - Entry information for World Superbike 2007
- "DFX drop Martin". Eurosport. 21 March 2007. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Steve Martin To Race At Donington motocorse.com