2010 Atlantic Championship season
|2010 Atlantic Championship season|
|Cooper Tires Presents the Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda|
||This article needs to be updated. (February 2011)|
The 2010 IMSA Cooper Tires Atlantic Championship season was due to be the 37th Atlantic Championship season, and the second one under the sanctioning of the International Motor Sports Association. However, on March 3, 2010 — just over two weeks prior to the scheduled opening round — series personnel announced that the 2010 season had been placed on hold.
A twelve-race calendar was announced on November 13, 2009. Five races were due to support the American Le Mans Series, with two more supporting the Rolex Sports Car Series. The remaining five races were due to be feature or co-feature events, including both double-header weekends.
|1||Sebring International Raceway||Sebring, Florida||March 19||American Le Mans Series|
|2||Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca||Monterey, California||May 22||American Le Mans Series|
|3||Lime Rock Park||Lakeville, Connecticut||May 29||Rolex Sports Car Series|
|4||Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course||Lexington, Ohio||June 20||Rolex Sports Car Series|
|5||New Jersey Motorsports Park||Millville, New Jersey||June 26||Feature|
|7||Miller Motorsports Park||Tooele, Utah||July 10||American Le Mans Series|
|8||Lime Rock Park||Lakeville, Connecticut||July 24||American Le Mans Series|
|9||Autobahn Country Club||Joliet, Illinois||July 31||Feature|
|11||Circuit Trois-Rivières||Trois-Rivières, Québec||August 15||Co-Feature w/ Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge|
|12||Road Atlanta||Braselton, Georgia||October 1||American Le Mans Series|
Drivers and teams
Swan Racing, Jensen MotorSport, Condor Motorsports, Paladin Motorsports, US RaceTronics, Comprent Motorsport, Polestar Racing Group and Team Tonis had announced plans to contest the championship. The only driver announced prior to the 2010 season hiatus was Zach Veach, who was due to become the series' youngest ever driver.
- Fagnan, René (2010-03-03). "The 2010 Formula Atlantic Championship is cancelled!". Auto123. Xprima.com Corporation. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- "2010 Atlantic Championship Season Placed on Hold". Atlantic Championship. Atlantic Racing Series. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- "2010 Atlantic Championship Schedule Features North America's Classic Racing Circuits". Atlantic Championship. Atlantic Racing Series. 2009-11-13. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Atlantic Grid for Sebring Season-Opener Filling Up Fast". Atlantic Championship. Atlantic Racing Series. 2010-02-25. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "15-Year-Old Zach Veach Signs On With Jensen MotorSport for 2010 Season". Atlantic Championship. Atlantic Racing Series. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2009-12-12.