2012 ECOWAS Games
|Host city||Accra, Ghana|
|Opening ceremony||16 June 2012|
|Closing ceremony||22 June 2012|
|Officially opened by||John Mahama|
|Main venue||Accra Sports Stadium|
The 2012 ECOWAS Games was the second biennial regional sports meeting of the Economic Community of West African States. The event was held in Accra, Ghana from the 16th of June to the 22nd of June 2012. Ghana's sports team won the most medals at the event. The 5 sports that featured in the 2012 games were athletics, wrestling, handball, volleyball and boxing. The first edition of the event was held in Nigeria in 2010. The games were sponsored by Rlg Communications, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Ghana Oil Company, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Ghallywood and Zoomlion.
|OC||Opening ceremony||●||Event competitions||1||Event finals||CC||Closing ceremony|
- Accra Sports Stadium Complex – Boxing, Handball, Volleyball, Wrestling
- El-Wak Sports Stadium – Athletics
- "ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre Solicits Media Support". allAfrica.com. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Ivory Coast To Host 2014 ECOWAS Games". Channels Television. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "ECOWAS Games 2012: Games opens on impressive note". www.moys.gov.gh. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- (Portuguese) 2011 All-Africa Games Program
- General Schedule"