2012 in birding and ornithology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in birding and ornithology:||2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015|
- 1 Worldwide
- 2 World listing
- 3 Asia
- 4 Europe
- 5 North America
- 6 References
- 7 External links
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|
- Israel's 5th European storm petrel off Ashdod on 28 January
- Israel's 6th great shearwater off Haifa on 28 January
- July – only the second brood of spoon-billed sandpiper have hatched in captivity at the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust's Slimbridge Wetland Centre as part of a breeding scheme to save the critically endangered species from extinction.
- A black-winged kite seen flying from Gilleleje north of Copenhagen towards Sweden on 29 April will be the 4th Danish record if accepted.
- A griffon vulture at Møllehus, Tønder on the Danish/German border on 14 July will be the 4th Danish record and first for 26 years.
- An Oriental turtle dove, ssp meena at Lot-et-Garonne on 6 March; sixth record for France if accepted.
- A tropical mockingbird at North Mole, Gibraltar first seen on 14 February. If accepted will be a first for the Western Palearctic. Originally identified as a northern mockingbird
- A adult male bufflehead at Limeikiai, Panevezys on 26 April, will be the first for Lithuania if accepted.
- An adult black-winged kite at Muiden, Zuidpolder on 29 April will be the 7th record for the Netherlands if accepted.
- A griffon vulture just to the south of Gothenburg is the third for Sweden and the first since 2000 if accepted.
- Sweden's third dusky thrush at Nyköping, Södermanland on 14 January.
- A pair of endangered short-tailed albatrosses have produced one chick on Midway Atoll for the second year running.
- "European Storm-petrel". BirdGuides. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Great Shearwater". BirdGuides. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Masked Wagtail". BirdGuides. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "WWT First ever Spoon-billed Sandpiper chicks hatch in the UK". BirdGuides. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Black-winged Kite". Birdguides. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "http://www.birdguides.comGriffon Vulture (Gyps fulvus)asp?sp=030048". BirdGuides. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Bonaparte's Gull Chroicocephalus philadelphia". BirdGuides. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Oriental (Rufous) Turtle Dove Streptopelia orientalis". BirdGuides.
- "Tropical Mockingbird Mimus gilvus". BirdGuides. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottos". BirdGuides. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Bird News Extra". Birdguides. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "American Coot Fulica americana". BirdGuides. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Dusky Thrush". BirdGuides. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Endangered Bird Produces a Chick on U.S. Soil for Second Time in History". American Bird Conservancy. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
|This bird-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|