A 201 file is a set of documents maintained by the US government for members of the United States armed forces. 201 files usually contain documents describing the member's military and civilian education history. A 201 file may also contain personal information such as home of record, and awards documents. Typically, a 201 file contains one or more of the following:
- Promotion Orders
- Mobilization Orders
- DA1059s – Service School Academic Evaluation Reports
- MOS Orders
- Awards and decorations
- SGLV 8286 – Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate)
- NCOERs and OERs (Evaluation Documents)
- DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
201 file further contains demotions, forfeiture of pay as a de facto record of non-judicial disciplinary action (Article 15).
Court Martial and judicial action are recorded.
Weapons qualification is included in the 201 file.
- "Military 201 file". Archived from the original on 19 June 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Military Personnel Records". Archived from the original on 25 June 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Spy Anonymous. (2013). True Accounts of Espionage: The Anonymous Spy (Vol. 3). Retrieved March 8, 2016, from http://www.amazon.com/TRUE-ACCOUNTS-ESPIONAGE-Spy-Book-ebook/dp/B00EX5K0WG/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1457488683&sr=1-3
- Activision. (1996). Spycraft: The Great Game [PC game]. Santa Monica, CA: Activision, Inc.