29th House of Representatives of Puerto Rico
|29th House of Representatives of Puerto Rico|
|January 2, 2013 – January 1, 2017|
|Speaker pro tem||Roberto Rivera|
|Majority Leader||Charlie Hernández|
|Majority Whip||Carlos Bianchi Angleró|
|Minority Leader||Jenniffer González|
|Minority Whip||Johnny Méndez|
|Seats||51 voting members|
|Length of term||4 years|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|17th Legislative Assembly of Puerto Rico|
|25th Senate of Puerto Rico|
The 29th House of Representatives of Puerto Rico is the lower house of the 17th Legislative Assembly of Puerto Rico and will meet from January 14, 2013, to January 8, 2017. All members were elected in the General Elections of 2012. The House has a majority of members from the Popular Democratic Party (PPD).
Changes in membership
- January 31, 2013: Jorge Colberg Toro resigns from his position as representative at-large in order to become Secretary of Public Affairs at the Office of the Governor.
- March 21, 2013: Piti Gándara fills the vacancy left by Jorge Colberg Toro.
- July 16, 2013: Eduardo Ferrer resigns from his position as representative at-large while the House is adjourned citing, "situations that cannot be delegated that I cannot leave unattended".[a] This effectively left both his seat and the Majority Whip —position Ferrer held— vacant for about a month as the House had to wait to begin its ordinary session to replace him since no extraordinary session was invoked in between by neither the governor nor the speaker.
- August 19, 2013: Manuel Natal fills the vacancy left by Eduardo Ferrer as representative at-large for the Popular Democratic Party while Carlos Bianchi Angleró is elected as Majority Whip.
- October 23, 2014: Yashira Lebrón Rodríguez fills the vacancy left by Antonio "Toñito" Silva as representative for District 8 for the New Progressive Party (PNP) after Silva resigns from his position.
- camaraderepresentantes.org - official site (in Spanish)
- Peña López (2013) "[Ferrer] anunció su dimisión el 1 de julio pasado, y fue efectiva el 16 de julio."
- López, Keila (November 7, 2012). "¿Cómo quedó la Cámara de Representantes?". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Representantes por Distrito: Resultados por Distrito Representativo" (in Spanish). Puerto Rico State Elections Commission. December 17, 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Representantes por Acumulación: Resultados Isla" (in Spanish). Puerto Rico State Elections Commission. December 17, 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "FEC Combined Federal/State Disclosure & Election Directory: PUERTO RICO". Federal Election Commission. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- "Cámara de Representantes inaugura su sesión y elige a su presidente". Primera Hora (in Spanish). January 14, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Notifica vacante de Jorge Colberg en la Legislatura". El Vocero (in Spanish). January 31, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Juramenta Luisa 'Piti' Gándara como representante por acumulación". Metro Puerto Rico (in Spanish). Metro International. March 21, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Ortega Marrero, Melisa (August 5, 2013). "Precandidata a la silla de Ferrer Ríos se retira de la contienda". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Peña López, Brenda (July 1, 2013). "Renuncia representante Eduardo Ferrer Ríos". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Banuchi, Rebecca (August 19, 2013). "Natal jura como nuevo representante del PPD". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "PNP estrena integrante en la Cámara de Representantes". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). 2014-10-23. Retrieved 2014-10-25.