2nd Regiment of York Militia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 2nd York Militia were a Canadian Provincial Militia Line Infantry Regiment at the time of the War of 1812. They were part of the York Militia, which at that time was three Regiments strong. The 2nd Regiment was recruited around the present-day Halton and Peel Regions.
The Militia were recruited from men living in the townships of Toronto, Trafalgar, East and West Flamborough, Nelson, Ancaster, Barton, Beverly, and Saltfleet, which mainly composed the western Wentworth. All men between 16 and 50 years were enrolled to the military and called out annually "to be reviewed and exercised.
War of 1812
At the beginning of the War, two Flank Companies were mobilized to fight alongside the 41st Regiment of Foot. One of these was commanded by Captain John Chisholm. They were present at the battle of Queenston Heights, where they heard the (alleged) last words of Major General Isaac Brock, "Push on the brave York volunteers."
After the War of 1812
The 2nd Regiment remained in the York Militia until sub-units of it were broken off to form the Halton Militia in 1816 and the Peel Militia in 1852. These units, along with volunteer companies formed in the two counties between 1857 and 1865, were formed into the 20th Halton Battalion of Infantry and the 36th Peel Battalion in 1866. These two Regiments would later form The Lorne Scots. On formation of the Lorne Scots in 1936, the 2nd Regiment finally came back together, 120 years after it first split.
There is a reenactment group representing the 2nd York Regiment of Militia which operates out of Mississauga, Ontario. 
- Blair, Fred (2016). "2nd York Militia Muster Roll". War of 1812 Canadian Stories. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Blair, Fred (2017). "Transcripts of Documents of the 2nd Regiment of York Militia During the War of 1812. Transcribed and Indexed by Fred Blair, 2nd Edition Published January 26, 2017". Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Rance, S (2014). "Militia and Defence Pre-Confederation Records". Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Baronet, Chuckman (2012). "The War of 1812; The British and Canadian Army 1812-1815". The Lordz Modding Collective. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Marsh, James H (1999). The Canadian encyclopedia. Toronto: Ont: McClelland & Stewart.