319 Dark Street is a webcomic written and drawn by David Wade. It began in June 2004 and concluded in 2015. The story follows Amanda "The bitch with a bob" Kayne, a former boxer who must deal with multiple attempts on her life. The webcomic is known for having a strong film noir ambiance and features multiple instances of dark humor.
In 319 Dark Street, protagonist Amanda Kayne is being stalked by hitmen after refusing to take a loss in her last fight. As a further complication, she has to reside in a decrepit building in the fictional Michigan city of Middlebay as a condition for inheriting her uncle's fortune. Amanda spends her time fending off attackers while wise-cracking with her black cat and making a living singing in a jazz quartet. 319 Dark Street features a strong film noir ambiance and its characters make frequent use of dark humor.
In 2008, David Wade was a featured guest at I-CON and in 2010, 319 Dark Street was nominated for an award in the category "Outstanding Use Of Color" by the webcomic hosting website Comic Genesis.
- "319 Dark Street". Comixpedia. Archived from the original on 2007-12-18.
- "The Peoria Pundit". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Zabel, Joe. "319 Dark Street Snapshot". The Webcomics Examiner. Archived from the original on 2005-03-16.
- "Comics Programming – David Wade". iconsf.org. 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "2008 Nomination Overview, Part 2". Comic Genesis. 2007-01-01.