|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||320s 330s 340s – 350s – 360s 370s 380s|
|Years:||355 356 357 – 358 – 359 360 361|
|358 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1111|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
3054 or 2994
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
3055 or 2995
|- Vikram Samvat||414–415|
|- Shaka Samvat||280–281|
|- Kali Yuga||3459–3460|
|Iranian calendar||264 BP – 263 BP|
|Islamic calendar||272 BH – 271 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1554 before ROC
|Seleucid era||669/670 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||900–901|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 358.|
Year 358 (CCCLVIII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Datianus and Cerealis (or, less frequently, year 1111 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 358 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Constantius II builds new forts to secure upper Mesopotamia. Persia's king Shapur II sends an emissary to Constantinople with gifts and a letter wrapped in white silk. He addresses Constantius to return the lands of his ancestors from the Euphrates to the frontier of Macedonia. Constantius tactfully refuses to cede any territories.
- The Salian Franks capitulate to Julian the Apostate in Gaul. He allows them to form a Roman foederati in Toxandria. Frankish settlers are established in areas in the north and the east to help with the defense of the Rhine frontier.
- An invasion of Pannonia by the Quadi and the Sarmates is repulsed by Constantius II.
- An earthquake strikes Nicaea (Turkey).
- Constantius II recalls Pope Liberius to Rome, where he receives a joyous welcome from the Christians. Antipope Felix II prudently retires to his estate near Porto (Portugal).
- Eudoxius becomes Patriarch of Antioch.
- August 31 – Paulinus of Trier, bishop and Christian saint
- Princess Duan, wife of Murong Chui, ruler and founder of Later Yan