Type of site
|Created by||Trapper Markelz and Steve Sopp|
|Registration||Optional (free) to view blogs / required (free) to obtain a blog|
|Launched||April 17, 2006|
360voice was a website where gamers could read or subscribe via RSS to a blog about what their friends are doing every day on Xbox Live, including tracking gameplay and issuing gamerscore challenges. It is the major product of It Can Talk Systems Inc., a company founded by Trapper Markelz and Steve Sopp in 2006. For example, one may view all the games played by Xbox Live director Larry Hryb (better known as "Major Nelson") on his 360voice blog. It has been recognized as part of a new trend in technology where inanimate objects acquire the ability to blog about their owners' activities.
360voice has been the home to advertising programs such as the Old Spice Experience Challenge, and has been recognized as part of a trend within advertising to depart from standard media buys and focus on associating brands with online activities that an audience are participating in.
In April 2008, the company was acquired by GamerDNA under undisclosed terms. In December 2008, the domain name of 360voice.com was moved to 360voice.gamerdna.com. The site is part of the gamerDNA Media network.
In June 2014 it was announced that the site would no longer receive updates and was closed in 2015.
- "Xbox Domain Interview". May 2006.
- Brian Crecente (April 27, 2006). "Kotaku".
- "Major Nelson's Xbox Blog". Archived from the original on 28 October 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- Mike Musgrove (August 31, 2006). "When the Machines Talk, They Talk About You". Washington Post.
- Brian Morrissey (December 11, 2007). "Old Spice Seeks Gaming Experience". Adweek.
- "Mass High Tech". April 28, 2008.
- "GamerDNA makes acquisition". Boston Business Journal. April 28, 2008.
- Wade Roush. "GamerDNA Targets Xbox Community". Xconomy.
- "The latest from the Dev Blog". Archived from the original on January 5, 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "The latest from the Dev Blog". Archived from the original on 13 October 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- The Next Chapter in the 360voice Story, June 12, 2014, 360 Voice Blog 2012 and Beyond
|This article about a social networking service is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|